Cement anchor bolts question

I don’t know that bolts, cement, and welding go together well. Throw in epoxy too? There are some odd chemical reactions to each of those processes. All together I would be very concerned about what happens in 5-10 years. In such a critical and hidden application. Rust is always an enemy, hidden welds here would scare me.

I’m glad you found some real bolts that fit the need.

One of those never in 100 times, but my luck 99 other people already did it…..

Paul

As long as you remember it won’t pick up what you have to stand on the back of the cherry picker to lift it will be fine. It’s so tempting to put the crane hooks through the lifting points on the rear of the Skidsteer but it must be avoided. It should be a handy little unit for small stuff.

I put in 10' satelite dishes in back in the day. The top of the rebar cages going down 3 feet had a hook bent into the top of the rebar for for the J bolts to slide under and then wired together. Anytime you have a foundation going down 3 or 4 feet, why waste it with short J bolts at the top. J bolt with a stick of rebar and something is more tornado/hurricane proof.

Great discussion guys - I got one of those truck Jib Cranes and mounted it in my garage years ago. I never realized the Uplift issue... I just picked up a tripod base from an auction and bolted it (redhead wedge anchors) to my existing garage floor (likely 4" thick...).

Glad I never put anything too heavy on it! I guess this summer's project will be to safely dismantle it and either bust-up and re-pour an adequate foundation with cage etc. or turn it into a rolling A-frame.

Great discussion guys - I got one of those truck Jib Cranes and mounted it in my garage years ago. I never realized the Uplift issue... I just picked up a tripod base from an auction and bolted it (redhead wedge anchors) to my existing garage floor (likely 4" thick...).

Glad I never put anything too heavy on it! I guess this summer's project will be to safely dismantle it and either bust-up and re-pour an adequate foundation with cage etc. or turn it into a rolling A-frame.
Or just keep going till the day it does pull out the wedge anchors. They have these long drill bit like anchors that could be screwed in at an angle towards the front. Those should never pull out cause the weight on the end of the crane will be wanting to pull straight up. You could go in behind the present anchor(s) and drill in a long anchor with a plate that covers part of your present hold down plate.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back