D-17 gas series I stalling

mywizbo

Dear AC experts
I have a d17 series I gas that was having issues with black spark plugs not running well. After help in this forum I did some maintenance, including finally replacing the carburetor. I have fixed my plug issue, and I don't have to run on choke anymore, but now it started acting up again. It will turn over and start, but then sputters and stalls.
Plugs all were changed and look good now. It must be getting fuel or it wouldn't start right?
What should I be checking now?
Thank you

Dear AC experts
I have a d17 series I gas that was having issues with black spark plugs not running well. After help in this forum I did some maintenance, including finally replacing the carburetor. I have fixed my plug issue, and I don't have to run on choke anymore, but now it started acting up again. It will turn over and start, but then sputters and stalls.
Plugs all were changed and look good now. It must be getting fuel or it wouldn't start right?
What should I be checking now?
Thank you
You have a common problem regardless of brand
It must be getting fuel or it wouldn't start right?
What should I be checking now? Duh . Try This,,,,. I bet It will run with a rag at idle that was moistened with gas held over the air breather .To have power it takes Fuel Flow . You should be able to fill a pint jar in a minutes time ... Have You checked flow thru on the carb? and the sediment bowl which SHOULD BE under the tank ,,. More Than likely there is stoppage plugging the flow. Blow them out ,,. Please check back , For More advice and help ... I used not know what to do in a few messes i got into and these guys here have got Me thru it ,,.

Thanks for your response...I've started off knowing nothing about engines when I got this 1959 series I d-17 and, with help on this forum, I've worked through many issues and was just frustrated after finally having fixed the problems I thought. Sorry if my question was stupid and thanks for the advice. I've been hard at work but when I get a second I'll do what you suggested and report back.

I did take out the carburetor drain and run a flow test. I got good flow and
it filled up a 9 oz plastic glass in about 40 seconds. 16 oz to a pint, so I'm getting about
a pint a minute.
I then started it up again and it seemed to run when I removed the air filter cap. Maybe it's
not getting good air?
I'm going to clean out the air filter oil bath and see if that straightens it out.
Thanks

I did take out the carburetor drain and run a flow test. I got good flow and
it filled up a 9 oz plastic glass in about 40 seconds. 16 oz to a pint, so I'm getting about
a pint a minute.
I then started it up again and it seemed to run when I removed the air filter cap. Maybe it's
not getting good air?
I'm going to clean out the air filter oil bath and see if that straightens it out.
Thanks
With the oil cup off the air cleaner look down it and make sure it doesn't have a bunch of junk in the tube

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back