Ford 5000 SOS Direct Drive Clutch Hub

I would like to see a new one too
I dug through my box of SOS parts and found this DD clutch from a 4000. This tranny is (was) brand new, never used, but got quite a bit of rust inside from sitting around. You can clearly see stains and pitting in the area between the seal ring area, however it's cosmetic only and if I was a blind man I can assure you that I'd never feel it with my finger.

Notice the relatively rough surface finish where the seal ring rides. I'm thinking that's intentional so that the seal ring grabs the housing and rotates with it.

Attachments

• DDC.JPG
    DDC.JPG
    447.8 KB · Views: 35
I dug through my box of SOS parts and found this DD clutch from a 4000. This tranny is (was) brand new, never used, but got quite a bit of rust inside from sitting around. You can clearly see stains and pitting in the area between the seal ring area, however it's cosmetic only and if I was a blind man I can assure you that I'd never feel it with my finger.

Notice the relatively rough surface finish where the seal ring rides. I'm thinking that's intentional so that the seal ring grabs the housing and rotates with it.
Would that work in my 5000 tranny? If so i bet my bead blaster would clean it up and then some green scotchbrite. It would be like new

Looks like just a straight lathe turned finish across with no honing or anything. I'd be 99% confident a good cleaning / bake, apply something like Devcon Plastic Steel epoxy and turn down to match surrounding areas in a lathe would fix it up just fine. The rings should not be rubbing on it 99% of the time and the pressure it seals is very modest.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back