Ford 841 lift arms stuck in raised position.

I just removed a backhoe attachment from my 841 and I cannot get the lift arms to drop. The arms have been in the raised position for years and I am not sure where to start. I must assume its a mechanical issue due to the rigidness of arms but before I proceed, your advice is invaluable. I have read that I cannot remove my lift cover with the arms in the raised position. Any suggestions how to proceed without damaging anything?
Thanks
Bob

I suspect that the rockshaft might be rusted in place. Try a good penetrating oil like Kroil or PB Blast around the shaft on both sides of the tractor, where the shaft disappears inside the top cover. You may need to do it several times a day for several days before it will begin to move.

I suspect that the rockshaft might be rusted in place. Try a good penetrating oil like Kroil or PB Blast around the shaft on both sides of the tractor, where the shaft disappears inside the top cover. You may need to do it several times a day for several days before it will begin to move.
Thanks Sean! I will give it a go.

Remove the arms from the rockshaft to insure that they aren't rusted to the housing and to enable getting penetrating oil in there.

My 10 cents is on mechanically stuck as I suspect hyd would have leaked off by now.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back