Ford 8N question

Charlie M

My neighbor called me today asking about how to sell his Ford 8N tractor. He doesn't use it anymore and originally had it for plowing snow in his long drive way. It is a 1947 model with a loader and back blade. It ran 3 years ago and doesn't start now. He says it has no spark so maybe just needs a tune up. His problem is the loader is in the way so a tune up is tough and he just wants to get what he gets for it. Anybody got a ball park idea what it could be worth. I haven't seen it for a few years but for discussion sake I think tires are good and overall tractor is good if someone gets it running. I know 8N's used to bring pretty good money around here but I don't know now. Don't know how useful the loader is on such a small tractor. I suggested he try selling it on next months consignment auction. It could be a a pretty good deal for someone looking for such a machine.

My neighbor called me today asking about how to sell his Ford 8N tractor. He doesn't use it anymore and originally had it for plowing snow in his long drive way. It is a 1947 model with a loader and back blade. It ran 3 years ago and doesn't start now. He says it has no spark so maybe just needs a tune up. His problem is the loader is in the way so a tune up is tough and he just wants to get what he gets for it. Anybody got a ball park idea what it could be worth. I haven't seen it for a few years but for discussion sake I think tires are good and overall tractor is good if someone gets it running. I know 8N's used to bring pretty good money around here but I don't know now. Don't know how useful the loader is on such a small tractor. I suggested he try selling it on next months consignment auction. It could be a a pretty good deal for someone looking for such a machine.
It surely would sell better running!

Very likely it may just need an oxide layer removed from the breaker points.

JMOR has a method for doing that without even removing the distributor cap!

That's what I told him but he doesn't want to fuss with getting it going. I'm interested in hearing about this method to clean up points without removing the cap.

It surely would sell better running!

Very likely it may just need an oxide layer removed from the breaker points.

JMOR has a method for doing that without even removing the distributor cap!
JMOR is giving out a short cut? This doesn’t sound right? :oops: Tim, may he rest in peace, is probably going to do a few roll overs if he hears this!

Location of the tractor always helps....

That a easy question to answer, not running $300. If the tires are in new condition $700 and that is if I need the tires.

With a loader ,not running,good tires , maybe $1000. Get it running and you sure would get more.....I buy and sell many,many tractors on Facebook marketplace. Had very good luck there. Facebook ain't as bad or scary as folks think 💬

Yes it is an 8n with loader and blade so 1000 even not running is about right.

Call me crazy but I think I’ll deoxide my points the old fashioned way or eliminate them me and alternating current don’t get along. There’s just something about tying one spade of an outlet to the chassis of the tractor that isn’t for me. I’m sure it works just fine.

Yes it is an 8n with loader and blade so 1000 even not running is about right.

Call me crazy but I think I’ll deoxide my points the old fashioned way or eliminate them me and alternating current don’t get along. There’s just something about tying one spade of an outlet to the chassis of the tractor that isn’t for me. I’m sure it works just fine.
LOL, don't be a CHICKEN, I'd trust Jesse with my life!

this chicken doesn’t have enough rubber on the soles of his boots to stay out of the puddles since it decided to rain around here again. I think I’ll go to town buy some new boots and a fresh set of points for the Ford pinto engine in the bobcat.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back