Need to get info from John T or one of the other electrical types ,Talers can find anything on this forum. I hava a 1/2 HP GE motor, I think it is from a front loader washing machine. It is 110 or 220 V depending on how you wire it. There are 7 wires of different colors connected to 2 plugs. How do I find which wires to use for 110 volts.? I assume I only need 3 wires, hot, neutral and ground. Standing by waiting for wisdom from resident electrical typesTIASam Womer(PA)

If it's really a washing machine motor, those can be custom wired for the manufacturer.

It gets complicated, dual voltage, multi speed, reversable...

If there is no wiring diagram on the motor, maybe you can find a part number and search what it fits, then find a wiring diagram for the machine.

Be careful, guessing wrong will possibly burn it out! Be careful clicking on the 'We have manuals for everything' sites, they are scams and will launch a virus in your computer!!! Most manufacturers offer free diagrams.

Good luck is all I can say.
No standard color codes on wires.
The only way to figure out the wiring is to take the motor apart. Using an ohmmeter find the 2 wires for the start winding, 2 wires for the run winds.
The run windings will be heavier wires.
Then scratch your head to figure out where the wires go to the start switch and overload.
Multiple speed motors are a real head scratcher.
Good luck. You won't get a second chance to get it right. Some motors are glued together too.

I have gotten lucky a few times and found a connection diagram online for motors by doing an internet search for the brand and model of a motor.

Im with the other fine gents, absent a complete wiring diagram, especially where dual speeds may be concerned, I cant tell you how to wire it...

YES you need Hot Neutral and Ground, but there are start windings and maybe multiple speeds that need to be accounted for

Sorry, no help

John T

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back