Hydraulic Pathway, snow plow 19-440

YT'ers: I finished the electrical on the Ford 3000 C, thanks Hacke and JMOR. Now on to the hydraulic pathway to the front pusher snowplow. I'm in need of a diagram showing the
pathway of the oil. Which hose does the oil enter the front cylinder and which hose is the exit ? Same question on the hydraulic controls under the seat? I'm guessing I raise and
lower the plow using the large handle under the tractor seat? One last question, for now, are the connectors attached to the hoses directional. Thanks for your help. Gary

photos

cvphoto167276.jpg

That is a two way cylinder, so you should be able to hook the hoses from the remote valve up to it either way. Moving the control handle on the remote valve under the seat in one direction should raise the plow, and moving it in the other direction should lower it. Reversing the connections will simply reverse which way to move the handle to raise and lower.

Most snow plows are usually configured with a one way cylinder so it is power up and gravity down. That allows the plow to follow the pavement if it is not perfectly level, and most roads, driveways and other pavements are rarely perfectly level. The way that yours is setup, the blade is being held at one specific height and cannot raise up on its own if the pavement it is plowing has a bump in it, and so the plow blade will dig into the pavement. If you are plowing a gravel driveway, then you want to keep it raised up a bit from the top of the gravel anyway, so it won't make a big difference, but if your driveway is asphalt or concrete and it is not perfectly level, you will have to either leave the blade up above the level of the pavement a bit, or constantly be raising and lowering it as the pavement raises and lowers as you plow across it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back