Jacobson G10 Help

K9dukedale

New User
Good Morning,

I am new to the forum and am inquiring about some advice on a G10 tractor with a Ford 172 paired with a TSX-813 (type c I believe with the power load needle in the bottom of bowl)

This machine has been parked after previous attempts at getting her going.

I have noticed that someone has rebuilt the carburetor, installed a new distributor, and wires. The needle in the bowl was in about half a thread on the verge of falling out. So I went through everything and set the screws 1 turn out from what I can find online. Adjusted point gap to .018 as I couldn't find the actual requirement. And timed the distributor to where I cab actually get the machine running. It idles perfectly fine however has a choppy bog when throttling. I tore into the carb to adjust the float height to 1/4" and still have the same issue.

It then dawned on me there doesn't appear to be a venturi in the carb. Based off of what diagrams I can find.

It may seem silly to ask but do all the TSX-813's have venturis? I wasn't sure if some or all did based on the differences between the power load valve.

Thanks

Good Morning,

I am new to the forum and am inquiring about some advice on a G10 tractor with a Ford 172 paired with a TSX-813 (type c I believe with the power load needle in the bottom of bowl)

I have noticed that someone has rebuilt the carburetor, installed a new distributor, and wires. The needle in the bowl was in about half a thread on the verge of falling out. So I went through everything and set the screws 1 turn out from what I can find online. Adjusted point gap to .018 as I couldn't find the actual requirement. And timed the distributor to where I cab actually get the machine running. It idles perfectly fine however has a choppy bog when throttling. I tore into the carb to adjust the float height to 1/4" and still have the same issue.

It then dawned on me there doesn't appear to be a venturi in the carb. Based off of what diagrams I can find.

It may seem silly to ask but do all the TSX-813's have venturis? I wasn't sure if some or all did based on the differences between the power load valve.

Thanks
Welcome to the forums.

It needs a venturi. McDonald Carb & Ignition is one place that generally has individual carb parts such as venturis. They have a website you can use, but it may be best to call them to confirm what you see, before ordering.

Welcome to the forums.

It needs a venturi. McDonald Carb & Ignition is one place that generally has individual carb parts such as venturis. They have a website you can use, but it may be best to call them to confirm what you see, before ordering.
Thank you for the reply I will inquire with them about ordering one. Does the symptoms would the venturi missing cause these issues?

Thank you for the reply I will inquire with them about ordering one. Does the symptoms would the venturi missing cause these issues?

Welcome to the site. K9? Dog related or just coincidental?

As for the missing venturi, I don't know, I've never ran anything that didn't have the venturi in place. As far as I know at least.

I'd sure bet it has something to do with it though.

Good Morning,

Thanks
The point gap should be set at .025.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back