JD 2040 CAV Rotodiesel pump issue

2040 hadnt been run in months but cranked perfect, mowed about 15min and it ran great then died like I shut the fuel off. Replaced fuel filter and transfer pump because manual prime lever broke on transfer pump. Get fuel through pump, and bled both upper and lower bleed at side of pump all seems normal but I cannot get fuel out any of the three injector lines. Zero fuel sign. I took the top of the pump off thinking the metering rod must be stuck but it was not. Also took the injector return line check valve off and the ball was stuck but came unstuck easy. What could be my issue? Is it possible a vane broke or some small passage got blocked after I ran it 15min such that it died exactly as though the fuel shutoff got pulled? I even pulled it around the yard real slow in 8th gear and it never put a single drop out of any injector line. I need suggestions please.

Also I watched the Bundt Bears Shed video on tearing down a pump just like mine and it makes sense and looks straightforward but I still dont see anything obvious beside a stick metering rod that would cause an issue like I have.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back