JD 401 B shifting problem

37chief

I noticed my JD 401 industrial shifts a little hard going into gear, especially hard into Park. Shifting up or down seams not so hard. Any thoughts? Thanks Stan

I noticed my JD 401 industrial shifts a little hard going into gear, especially hard into Park. Shifting up or down seams not so hard. Any thoughts? Thanks Stan
I expect it is a gradually increasing thing as the shifters, rails, forks, gears and bearings. Short of a full and major overhaul it isn't going to shift like it did when you first got it. Mine, with similar transmissions to yours, can be hard to get into park at times other times they just slide right in. May be someone has an easy fix but I'm not going for an overhaul for the minor annoyance, at times.

Years ago JD offered this "park lock assurance kit" for some of their utility tractors to help operator get trans lever in park position.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-18 074501.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-18 074501.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 11

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back