Looking at a 1954 JD model 60. Does anyone know how much it would weigh? My trailer says it can only carry 5000 lbs. I am thinking that a "60" might weigh more than that. Thanks
Dennis

Depends on how far u are hauling it. Seams like u have a
car hauler. If the tractor is around 5k and not hauling it
far, I would do it. Done it before. Put some planks under
the tires to kinda distribute the load. And balance your
load. Make sure your tires are good and aired up and
drive slow. Just because youre at max. Dont mean the
wheels will fall off the wagon.

I wouldn't worry about hauling a 5300 lb. load on a 5000 lb. trailer. A 5800 lb load and it would depend on how far I need to go.

Without seeing your trailer, it's kind of hard to pass judgement on it. You know your trailer better than we do. I guess your two options are to either try it and be very careful, or else bite the bullet and hire someone to haul it for you.

I'm assuming that either the tractor does not run, or else the distance to be traveled is too far to just drive it there.

Most weigh around 6,000--6200,,my 60 MFWD weighs 7200,,My 60 Crawler weighs 10,000,,most trailers state a comfortable weight capacity,,a thousand pounds more would still be safe..

yes, but they have a margin. 5000 lbs is safe but if you haul 6000 lbs its on you if something happens. and is that leaf springs or torsion
bars? there is safety factors on everything.

With all the sarcasm I can muster go ahead and do it then post it to Utube with what went wrong. LOL. I believe it would be fine for your purpose and just be reasonable with things. Don't let me influence you to do something you don't want to though.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back