Looking for an older corn head forage harvester (30” spacing, 2 row)

Any suggestions? It’s going to be used for small research plots, so the 2 row aspect is important. I found an older IH harvester, but apparently it’s for 38” rows and I have no idea whether it’s possible to adjust that or not..

Part’s availability is also an issue to think about…does anyone have any suggestions for brand/model that would fit my needs? Willing to sell one to me themself?

Thanks

Not clear. Do you want to harvest the whole plant? That is usually called a row crop harvesting head.
Or do tou want to harvest the ear off a corn plant. That is called a corn head like what is used on a combine to harvest corn.

John Deere made both and in 30 or 38 inch spacing. Several models of JD pull type forage harvesters could handle either heads.
Some heads are getting hard to find.

Any suggestions? It’s going to be used for small research plots, so the 2 row aspect is important. I found an older IH harvester, but apparently it’s for 38” rows and I have no idea whether it’s possible to adjust that or not..

Part’s availability is also an issue to think about…does anyone have any suggestions for brand/model that would fit my needs? Willing to sell one to me themself?

Thanks
How big are the plots? Acres or??

Thanks
What do you you have for tractor horsepower?

Thanks
It would depend on what model the IH chopper is. That head most likely isn't adjustable, but the later heads are interchangeable between models. I've got 4 or 5 narrow row heads with gathering belts instead of chains. I bought most of them to get the belts. They're insanely high priced. I've got a 721 and an 821 chopper.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back