MF 1155 1973 relay question

camocorvette

New User
Hello,

New here, used this forum a few times over the years to find info.

My cousin has a 1155 with no power coming out of the relay in the cab. This relay goes to the 25 amp circuit breaker that goes to the blower switch/blower.

Where can I find a replacement for this?

It's the relay above the cab.
20231229_222040.jpg
IMG_20231229_222724.jpg

Or will any relay work? Thanks in advance
Will

I'd use a CONTINUOS duty solenoid, similar to a starter solenoid to replace what you have. MAYBE you could remove the cover and clean the contacts and get what you have now working again? I've done that a few times on some old voltage regulators. Worth a try, you can't hurt it if it is bad anyway.

Welcome to the forums.

At a parts store you should be able to get a 30 amp (they are available in various amperage ratings) plug in type relay as they currently use in autos and a base for it. It will have wiring info with it, you will not need to use all the terminals on it but will need to add a ground wire which your current relay doesn't have. You want to wire it as normally open, so it closes (powers the breaker) when the switch is turned on.
fcb013bb6a210460f2a1525a5c4a71f1.jpg

Thanks a bunch! I will pursue these leads and post up what works. Gonna take it apart and clean it and look up that part number and see if I can find one. Otherwise I will hit up autozone.
Again, thanks for the help. I greatly appreciate it

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back