MF 32 Loader Part Necessity? (Element #1006808M1)

lkell93

Hi All,

When checking the fluid level of my MF32 Loader (attached to an MF20 I just purchased) the "element" underneath the breather cap was crumbling and broken (probably the original factory part). It's getting pitched as it would only continue to break and fall down into the fluid resivoir.

So question now is, do I need to replace this part, or am I ok just going without and reinstalling the breather cap? I can't seem to find the part in stock online anywhere.

I'm not entirely sure of it's purpose (maybe to keep dirt and dust from entering underneath the breather cap, but still allowing the resivoir to vent?), so wanted to take a long shot and see if anyone here has input?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240420-134454~2.png
    Screenshot_20240420-134454~2.png
    218.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20240420-134438.png
    Screenshot_20240420-134438.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hi All,

When checking the fluid level of my MF32 Loader (attached to an MF20 I just purchased) the "element" underneath the breather cap was crumbling and broken (probably the original factory part). It's getting pitched as it would only continue to break and fall down into the fluid resivoir.

So question now is, do I need to replace this part, or am I ok just going without and reinstalling the breather cap? I can't seem to find the part in stock online anywhere.

I'm not entirely sure of it's purpose (maybe to keep dirt and dust from entering underneath the breather cap, but still allowing the resivoir to vent?), so wanted to take a long shot and see if anyone here has input?
There's all sorts of hydraulic tank breathers on the market, one example is linked blow.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Brand...at least SOME air filtration/keep debris out.

Would using some .25" foam filter material, conformed/glued to match the shape of the breather vent (underneath the cap) be an acceptable solution in this case?

Otherwise, looking at the tank breathers you mentioned, it would likely require some retrofitting in my case.

Hi All,

Yes it's required for that reason. Pretty sure I got one a few yrs back from the AGCO dealer. They just had to order it in.

Thanks all...I'll call my local MF dealer tomorrow and reference my original part number and see if they can order one in.

Thanks all...I'll call my local MF dealer tomorrow and reference my original part number and see if they can order one in.
If you can't find an OEM element, think about using a piece of rolled up Scotchbrite pad. I usually use the green or red, and have them everywhere as breather elements (gas and hydraulic tanks, blowby tubes, etc. The bugs and mice won't chew on them and most solvents won't hurt them. steve

If you can't find an OEM element, think about using a piece of rolled up Scotchbrite pad. I usually use the green or red, and have them everywhere as breather elements (gas and hydraulic tanks, blowby tubes, etc. The bugs and mice won't chew on them and most solvents won't hurt them. steve
This is a good tip. I actually picked up one of the 1/4" foam filter pads for window AC units. I cut a strip to fit inside the breather cap and it appears to have fit/worked perfectly.

I did find an OEM element but it was going to be $50+ with shipping which was tough to stomach for a simple filter.

The OEM is a hard filter, sort of like porous stone that’s clamped tight when installed, if IRC. Better check any type of soft filter you use at intervals to make sure it’s still in position.

Hi All,

I had that setup on my 100 loader. It acted as a funnel for water. I changed it to a tank vent and stuffed a piece of Briggs and Stratton foam air cleaner element in it.
Added link
Tank Vents, Zinc-Plated Iron, 3/4 NPT Female

The OEM is a hard filter, sort of like porous stone that’s clamped tight when installed, if IRC. Better check any type of soft filter you use at intervals to make sure it’s still in position.
Makes sense then, as I had a hard time picturing how the filter that was in there got so petrified...if it was originally a hard filter, then that makes more sense.

I had that setup on my 100 loader. It acted as a funnel for water. I changed it to a tank vent and stuffed a piece of Briggs and Stratton foam air cleaner element in it.
Added link
Tank Vents, Zinc-Plated Iron, 3/4 NPT Female

This looks like a more reliable the way to go honestly. As your right, the shape of the original vent tube/cap does resemble a funnel. I assume you had to use a double male nipple to make the connection from the female resivoir threads to the female breather threads (from the part you linked)?

This looks like a more reliable the way to go honestly. As your right, the shape of the original vent tube/cap does resemble a funnel. I assume you had to use a double male nipple to make the connection from the female resivoir threads to the female breather threads (from the part you linked)?[/url]
This site blocked the link. Paste it so it can be Google searched.

This site blocked the link. Paste it so it can be Google searched.
I must be a bit slow in the head here lately 😄...all this fuss I've been having over this part and I could just have ordered an aftermarket breather for it.

I'll be picking up the breather below later today...should be good to go. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back