MF-65 Pros and cons??

Im going to an auction in a couple weeks that is two hours away, I’ve been looking for a tractor with a loader. The auction has a MF-65 with a freeman loader, looks like 5ft bucket. It’s a 1964 Dieselmatic, multi power. Not sure if it runs or not but I’m sure they’ll mention that. I would have to rent a truck and trailer to pick it up, both around $300. I’ve been wanting one of these tractors but would it be worth it? Are these good tractors and what’s the max I should bid if it runs or doesn’t run?

Im going to an auction in a couple weeks that is two hours away, I’ve been looking for a tractor with a loader. The auction has a MF-65 with a freeman loader, looks like 5ft bucket. It’s a 1964 Dieselmatic, multi power. Not sure if it runs or not but I’m sure they’ll mention that. I would have to rent a truck and trailer to pick it up, both around $300. I’ve been wanting one of these tractors but would it be worth it? Are these good tractors and what’s the max I should bid if it runs or doesn’t run?
The power steering and front axle were not the greatest for loader work. I say this having run one many years ago. For other jobs it would probably be OK although the hydraulics in general never impressed me. I'd keep looking.

The power steering and front axle were not the greatest for loader work. I say this having run one many years ago. For other jobs it would probably be OK although the hydraulics in general never impressed me. I'd keep looking.
Thanks for the info!

Is the loader plumbed into the tractor hydraulics or does it have a front pump? The pump in the tractor is low volume, so the loader would be slow, but will still get the job done. It should be fine with a front pump.

The bushings on the pivot of the front axle are not very thick walled. Maybe 1/16". If they are worn through, it is a big job to rework the pins and bushing bores to make them round again.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back