New distributor wiring?

Let me understand this. You took this all apart but nothing was wrong with the tractor? And it turns out you had electronic ignition but bought a new distributor because it's cheaper than changing points?
If there was nothing wrong put it all back together. Then try to start it and do proper diagnosis.
Yesterday at 2:51pm, he posted that he left the key on, so it is very likely that his EI smoked.

You dropped an insulator.....it just looked like a spark plug to you. Leaving key on, not running, probably burned up your EI module. Here is a test procedure.
Hey man I know you got mad about this before that you didn't have the desire to help me with this any.ore but I appreciate the help anyway. It stopped rainin here finally so I can do this, my tractor in the field about a mile from the house. If you don't mind on more question before i get out there us the magnet sleeve that I need to rotate on the top of the distributor? Is this something I can do on a front mount with it still attached to the tractor?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back