Opinions on this Case tractor..

I am looking around for another tractor/loader, I have been looking for a Ford, as we already have a 64 4000, I kinda know what Im looking at.

But then I tripped over this Case... and it looks good with a really good price. But I know nothing about case tractors. So I thought I'd come over from the ford section and look for some advice, which I would really appreciate.

here it is on FB..

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3284390865220042/

The guy says no smoke...only one small leak on the controller. Could you guys give me some advice on the 530, the good bad and ugly, what I should be looking for ect....

It will spend its life moving manure compost and dirt. It looks to have a standard 3 point hitch, but did case use a standard 3 point?

I dunno... thats why I'm askin'. :lol:

Thanks!

It's been a while but from what I remember with my Dad's 830 and loader they were a solid tractor, though it's bigger than the 530 obviously. The pics seem to show a very well cared for tractor and if all that's wrong is a small leak on the controller you should be pleased with what you're getting. I will yield to the more experience Case guys who have used them more frequently and know their strengths and weaknesses. Good luck and congrats if you do decide to get this tractor.

This looks like a decent tractor. It has the right style of
front axle for a loader tractor. Yes Case did offer the 3
pth configuration we all know as standard today on
that tractor. Is it a dual range or a triple range ? I can
see past the loader, gas or diesel? Pretty hard to beat
this tractor at the price listed, provided everything
works as it should. These tractors have brakes that do
require some maintenance from time to time, but will
work well if kept up. My brother had a Case-O-Matic
gas 530, it worked well for loading manure. I had a
530 row crop model,triple range diesel. If you live
where it gets cold, and this is a diesel tractor, you will
need to plug it in to start in cold temperatures.

Just my opinion, I would take that over a
Ford any day! Very reasonable price for the
condition too. Definitely worth looking at.
If it was closer to me, I would probably
already have it lol

I have had a 1968 Case 530 since for the last 22 yrs. It was kinda used up by a farmer who should have had a skid loader to move his manure instead of this tractor ! Mine has the Case loader, WF, P/S Triple Range, 3pt and PTO. I LOVE it. Bucket was used up and repaired and front axle was cracked and repaired. It has been my small acreage go to tractor forever. Had to put a new seal in the 3pt. piston and put brakes on it.
I was fortunate to stumble across an identical one down in Texas without a loader. I bought it for a spare. Don't know what I would do if this one ever quit.
Unless there are problems, the price on this tractor seems really good.

He sold it... that was a fast one. But I did like that one, I'll have to expand my search for case also. Thanks for the input! :wink:

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back