P220 starter

Andy420

New User
Hello I have a John Deere 420 with the P220 engine I had a starter issue and I was wondering if I could use the starter from a Cub Cadet with the P220 engine that does not have the solenoid on it and just wire in one of the cheap remote starter solenoids.

Hello I have a John Deere 420 with the P220 engine I had a starter issue and I was wondering if I could use the starter from a Cub Cadet with the P220 engine that does not have the solenoid on it and just wire in one of the cheap remote starter solenoids.

What is your stater issue? I highly recommend installing the relay kit that gives battery voltage directly to the starter vs routing through the key switch. Will make a big difference cranking over that 420.

I took a jumper off the battery and it wouldn't crank, just clicked. I took it apart and the one way bearing seized up. I ordered an old style starter with out the mounted solenoid and I'll just use the common two post solenoid. We'll see

I took a jumper off the battery and it wouldn't crank, just clicked. I took it apart and the one way bearing seized up. I ordered an old style starter with out the mounted solenoid and I'll just use the common two post solenoid. We'll see
Please post back with the results of your experiment. I have a positive-engagement starter I want the replace an inertial-drive unit with, just the opposite of what you are doing.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back