Pat's Easy Catch - result

Steve in VA

So I decided to get Pat's for the 5303. Installation was a snap. I tried it this morning to hook-up the 6' Woods tiller. This has always been the most troublesome implement.

It was cake. So easy and so quick. I'm thinking of a second for the 1020.

One note if you're considering this hitch. I thought that you could either get cat 1 or cat 2. Both my tractors have cat 2 but all the implements are cat 1. Anyway, the included paperwork says they have 2 other options. You can have either cat 1 or 2 on the tractor matched to either cat 1 or 2 on the implement.

Are there spec's on the website somewhere? Doubt those are going to hold up to my 806 on the 540 plow in clay. Could be wrong though.

Mike
Just a guess, but I would think they are rated to work to the limits of the class size thay are.
I doubt they are going to engineer it to be the weak link.
They have been making them for quite a few years now.

I'm not sure what specifications you're after but there's not much beyond physical dimensions. They appear to me to be really stout cast.
Pretty much just a weight rating &/or an idea of tensile strength. They would be somewhat handy for mounting the plow, but could make attaching the backhoe a cinch. Think that's around 1500 lbs without any load or considering breakout strength or other movement that causes strain.

Edit: Also noted, the bucket pry out force is "in excess of 8000 lbs".

Mike

Last edited:
One reseller says:
"Pat’s Easy Change is American made out of quality hot rolled cast steel. If you want to know how strong they are, the hitches were stress tested and the hook broke on the category#1 model at 24,000 lbs. The cat#2 held to 41,000 lbs. before the hook gave. There is nothing that your tractor can handle that a Pat’s hitch can’t."
On the same webpage a picture calls it out as "Casted in the USA of Ductile Iron.

The Amazon link above says Alloy Steel and "Strength tested, and each hitch could withstand up to 30,000 lbs"

The weird part is the actual website for Pats Hitches does not say what they are made of nor any ratings on strength.
You would think they would brag a bit if forged, etc.

I assume you need to use stabilizer bars to make these things work.
Also all your implements need to be the same size. No more mixing and matching with the adapter sleeve.
Unless you buy the model that hooks up to Cat 2 implements. Then you use the sleeves on Cat 1 implements.
The stablizer bar telescopes to hold them the correct distance apart.

One reseller says:
"Pat’s Easy Change is American made out of quality hot rolled cast steel. If you want to know how strong they are, the hitches were stress tested and the hook broke on the category#1 model at 24,000 lbs. The cat#2 held to 41,000 lbs. before the hook gave. There is nothing that your tractor can handle that a Pat’s hitch can’t."
On the same webpage a picture calls it out as "Casted in the USA of Ductile Iron.

The Amazon link above says Alloy Steel and "Strength tested, and each hitch could withstand up to 30,000 lbs"

The weird part is the actual website for Pats Hitches does not say what they are made of not any ratings on strength.

Excellent! Thank you!!

Mike

Just get some Cat I to Cat II bushings for the pins. That way you aren't limiting yourself if you pick up some Cat II implements later.
In my case both tractors are cat 2 on the lift arms. All 7 implements are cat 1. Unaware that Pat made hitches that bridged that gap, I elected to get cat 1 to cat 1 and put 1 pair of sleeves on the tractor. Otherwise I could have used 7 pairs of sleeves for the implements.

If I get a second set for the other tractor, I will get cat 2 tractor to cat 1 implements.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back