R transmission bearings

prairiecarr

New User
I am working on refreshing a 1948 R series. It is the third one I have played with but the first one that I have had to go into trans and rear end. I need help with part number for the small roller bearing between the clutch shaft and upper sliding shaft. I came up with 94518 Hyatt but I understand that Hyatt and New Departure have been taken over by SKF. Parts stores cannot cross it. This is number 12 in picture. Also the double row cup on the sliding gear shaft, item number 6 in picture. The two bearings are Timken 15119 which are available but none of the parts stores can identify the double cup. Also how do you remove it. It has to go out to the rear of case but the front side is flush with the case so I can’t put a driver on it and can’t move it with a brass drift.
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
IMG_0023.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
I don’t have any numbers for you, but a local industrial bearing outlet came up with them for me. I don’t know where you are at, but Powerhouse Ind. in Springdale, AR has always helped me. I buy all my bearings and seals from them.

Old Agco parts list still use RT207. Was also used in combines. Agco shows that Hyatt number. Roller bearings seldom seen anymore.

I had my RTU transmission apart a few months back. I can’t help you with the part numbers for the roller bearing. I did not replace that bearing. As for the countershaft race according to my repair manual, it is driven out. after you remove two caps screws and the retainer. I highly recommend that you get the dealer service manual for Minneapolis Monline R. between the Minneapolis, Moline, service, manual, the IT manual and the parts manual, you should have all the information you need to refurbish your transmission.

I would think if you can remove the bearing race, it should have a number on it possibly timken

Attachments

• IMG_2496.jpeg
    IMG_2496.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2497.jpeg
    IMG_2497.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2498.jpeg
    IMG_2498.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
The Timken double cup is type TDO (tapered double outer) and will need to be identified by cup outside diameter, as cone 15119 fits cups of three different diameters. The one I found online is cup 15251D (2.500 O.D.) and paired with two 15119 cones is offered by several online sources at about $200 for the assembly. If the needle type roller bearing cannot be cross referenced, you will need to measure the i.d. of the bore it runs in, the diameter of the shaft it runs on, and the width of the roller assembly. I have a fairly comprehensive set of bearing manuals and may be able to help.

I had my RTU transmission apart a few months back. I can’t help you with the part numbers for the roller bearing. I did not replace that bearing. As for the countershaft race according to my repair manual, it is driven out. after you remove two caps screws and the retainer. I highly recommend that you get the dealer service manual for Minneapolis Monline R. between the Minneapolis, Moline, service, manual, the IT manual and the parts manual, you should have all the information you need to refurbish your transmission.
Thank you montidale, for your reply. I have those manuals. The double race is driven out to the rear but the front side taper is flush with the case casting so I can’t get get a driver on it or even a punch.

The Timken double cup is type TDO (tapered double outer) and will need to be identified by cup outside diameter, as cone 15119 fits cups of three different diameters. The one I found online is cup 15251D (2.500 O.D.) and paired with two 15119 cones is offered by several online sources at about $200 for the assembly. If the needle type roller bearing cannot be cross referenced, you will need to measure the i.d. of the bore it runs in, the diameter of the shaft it runs on, and the width of the roller assembly. I have a fairly comprehensive set of bearing manuals and may be able to help.
Thank you yonson, if my measurements are accurate it is 2 1/2 inch. I will pursue the number you provide. If when, I finally get it out may have a number on it.

BTW, the 94518 is listed in my manual as roller assembly only (no inner or outer race). The brand is NDH (Hyatt) with shaft size of 1.000. The o.d. is 1 1/2", width 1 1/8", roller diameter 1/4". You will want to confirm this. One other thought: If possible, you might consider re-using the Timken bearing you have, given the price of a new one. Obviously this entails extreme care in disassembly.

BTW, the 94518 is listed in my manual as roller assembly only (no inner or outer race). The brand is NDH (Hyatt) with shaft size of 1.000. The o.d. is 1 1/2", width 1 1/8", roller diameter 1/4". You will want to confirm this. One other thought: If possible, you might consider re-using the Timken bearing you have, given the price of a new one. Obviously this entails extreme care in disassembly.
Yonson, that info is correct. The problem, the reason for replacement is rust. The tractor is only going to be used for shows or parades, so the owner, my brother ,wants to polish the shafts and put new bearings in and call it good.

Thank you montidale, for your reply. I have those manuals. The double race is driven out to the rear but the front side taper is flush with the case casting so I can’t get get a driver on it or even a punch.
Could you put a bearing back in the race and pound on the bearings?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back