Reese 3100 trailed mower

DRussell

I'm looking at a Reese 3100 mower online about 250 miles from me. They are calling it a disc mower, but it looks like a drum mower rather than a disc mower to me. Appears to have 4 drum units for mowing. It's a towed unit, trailer style rather than 3 point hitch.

Anyone here have one similar? Is there a pretty easy way to adjust the mowing height so it doesn't cut too close to the ground? Any issues to look out for?

I looked at one at the farm machinery show a few years ago, nearly bought one but didn’t like having to remove the pto shaft to fold the pulley back for narrow transport, otherwise I like everything about the machine
I did not look to see how the head tilted for cutting height

I looked at one at the farm machinery show a few years ago, nearly bought one but didn’t like having to remove the pto shaft to fold the pulley back for narrow transport, otherwise I like everything about the machine
I did not look to see how the head tilted for cutting height
Thanks, in the pictures it doesn't look like too bad of a unit. Wish there was one closer to go look at though.

I liked the machine, everything looked simple with no gear box, 2 D size belts run everything and they said the belts can be changed in about 10 minutes, the drum hubs I believe are non greaseable sealed bearings, so eventually that can be a repair issue
I was looking to replace a Claas 8’ trailed drum mower like really liked the Reese 3100, but handling the long pto shaft as I aged plus my 50 hp tractor’s ability to handle a 10’ cutter where my only concern's
I ended up going with a 9’ Kuhn trailed disc mower, love it but would have added a couple options had I known about them

I liked the machine, everything looked simple with no gear box, 2 D size belts run everything and they said the belts can be changed in about 10 minutes, the drum hubs I believe are non greaseable sealed bearings, so eventually that can be a repair issue
I was looking to replace a Claas 8’ trailed drum mower like really liked the Reese 3100, but handling the long pto shaft as I aged plus my 50 hp tractor’s ability to handle a 10’ cutter where my only concern's
I ended up going with a 9’ Kuhn trailed disc mower, love it but would have added a couple options had I known about them
Do you remember from when you looked at them how difficult it would be to remove the tongue for transport on a trailer? I'm considering buying this one, but 250 miles would be a long drive towing it.

I've asked for some additional pictures, but so far that hasn't happened.

This is from Tigerco web site
IMG_4022.jpeg
IMG_4021.jpeg
IMG_4020.jpeg

It appears with the hydraulic cylinder disconnected and the stop pin and guide on the left of the photo removed one should be able to swing the tongue all the way in
But I’d ask for some better photos to make sure

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back