S7 200 amp welder for $99 review update

bc

For those on classic view I thought I would post this update after trying some larger 3/16" rod.

Used this S7 200 amp Inverter welder again today to repair the stump guard on my rotary mower. Had an old coffee can with some 3/16" 7024 rod standing in there that has been in the shed for over 25 years. Ran a few beads with the 1/8" 7018 rod and cranked it up to 149 amps since it was sticking a little. Tried the bigger 7024 and it started welding just fine laying down a wide bead with no splatter, etc. Welded up all the cracks with it and it worked great with no shutdown. A few times it didn't want to strike an arc but figured out it was the cheap ground clamp. Once I scraped the ground clamp around on the stump guard, then it welded great.

My China welder is similar. It claims 225 amp that I think is actually about twice what it really puts out. I must admit that it does a pretty good job. They are quite portable being so small and light. I guess there are about a gazillion different brands of these welders out there. I paid $79.00 for mine I think last year.
mvphoto74258.jpg

Mine claims 200A but I think I would need the 240 volt supply to get there. I've tried to overheat it by setting it to the highest setting and burning rods as fast as I could change them but it never did.

Thanks to everyone who posted. I am considering buying one of the small inverter dc welders so its good to know they work ok.

Forgot to add that I was doing this off of 120 volts with the cross over plug that came with it plugged into an outlet supplied with 12 gauge romex.

I don't weld enough to where I can lay down perfect beads every time but my welds should hold. Think that stump guard was 3/16" or 1/4" metal and I could see it melt and was worried about burning through at one point.

On my earlier test I used a 25 foot 12 gauge extension cord burning through 1/8" rod trying to get it to cycle off and it never did.

Next test is to try a couple inverters hooked up to the pickup battery for some long range welding.

Do they have a chart showing what amps it draws on certain amp settings? The results of your inverter test will be
interesting.if you weld more than a couple 4in. long heads I will be surprised. You plan to run the truck to charge while
you are doing this? If so you better stock up on spare alternators.

I too purchased a inverter welder to go long with my Miller stick welder & am very impressed by it 120/220 60% duty cycle. Purchased from Amazon. Below link convinced me on my purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4_dUPVLdc

(quoted from post at 07:20:54 04/29/21) I too bought one. Very much a novice, but it works well so far!

Which one did you buy? Lots of choices on Amazing.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back