Tractor parts from yesterdays tractors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dewy

Can anybody explain to me why on this website Yesterday's Tractor they don't want to sell the clutch disc or the pressure plate by themselves but they advertise that you can buy it buy itself but every time I've tried they tell me they only have the kit and they won't break the kit up and I asked them we'll just grab one out of the kit and break the kit up and they said they don't have nowhere to put the remaining parts of the kit and I said why don't you put it in the Shelf that's missing the single disc or the single pressure plate but they won't do that I don't understand I had the same problem with the clutch disc and same problem with the pressure plate buying it individual I want to support this website but they're making it really hard.... just don't advertise it individually and no one will try to buy it individually....dewy

Can anybody explain to me why on this website Yesterday's Tractor they don't want to sell the clutch disc or the pressure plate by themselves but they advertise that you can buy it buy itself but every time I've tried they tell me they only have the kit and they won't break the kit up and I asked them we'll just grab one out of the kit and break the kit up and they said they don't have nowhere to put the remaining parts of the kit and I said why don't you put it in the Shelf that's missing the single disc or the single pressure plate but they won't do that I don't understand I had the same problem with the clutch disc and same problem with the pressure plate buying it individual I want to support this website but they're making it really hard.... just don't advertise it individually and no one will try to buy it individually....dewy
We sometimes need to take a part out of a kit for a customer and then we order that part to put back in the kit to make it complete again.

They haven't updated the site on parts from the takeover so far. I called a while back for engine bearings, they said I gave them an old part number, well the number came right from this site when I called two minutes earlier.

Two issues and a partial: 1} the stocking of individual parts would not stop with clutches, and the amount of space and paperwork would double or more. 2} the use of an entire Kit reduces the average of failed projects. When all related parts are new the thing has a better chance of functioning. That makes the customer more happy than a blame game. The last bit is taking apart a Kit is a further nightmare of lost profit and paper work. Someone will sell you that PP. Jim

What model is your tractor? I would like to help. I am happy to research it for you.

Clutch disc: https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/Farmall-300_Clutch-Disc_384633R91.html
Pressure plate: https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/...-Assembly-Remanufactured-360215-R_204408.html

All clutch parts: https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/...SearchArea=Farmall&&md=300&cat=Clutch&r=mcats

Looks like we do sell some of it individually after all. Hope this helps.

One lost sale doesn't make the extra cost of having to stock individual parts or deal with the leftovers of a broken-up kit worth it to them.

It's nice when a company will bend over backwards and do nice things for a customer that costs them any profit they would have made on the sale, but the problem with that is every customer is going to want the same special treatment. You aren't going to last very long kowtowing to the whim of every demanding customer that comes along.

Clutch kits no doubt make up the vast majority of clutch sales. Most people only want to take their tractor apart once vs. saving a couple bucks only replacing what's really "bad."

They didn't stop selling individual parts to be mean. They are not refusing to break up a clutch kit just for you to be mean. They have years if not decades of sales data on the computer, and know instantly what sells and what does not. Long story short, individual clutch parts don't sell. If they broke up that kit they would eventually end up throwing away whatever parts were in that kit you didn't take.

Unfortunately the site hasn't been updated to reflect the new owners' inventory. That's a mistake on their part, but not one I would expect them to bend over backwards to "make right" because nobody was wronged. It's not like they took your money and sent you nothing. It's not like they sold you a defective part and refused to make good on it.
Actually most parts of the inventory has been updated. Not sure where you are getting your info from.

Here is a screen grab and you can clearly see we sell them individually.

1713811062413.png

Makes sense to me. You cant sell a kit with missing parts.

Do you go to Autozone and ask them to pull a head gasket out of a set cause you only need one?

Makes sense to me. You cant sell a kit with missing parts.

Do you go to Autozone and ask them to pull a head gasket out of a set cause you only need one?
Pulling a part out of a kit has been a common practice around here in years past, as Mark posted they have done. Yes, sometimes who the customer is enters into a dealer or parts person doing such things. Unfortunately, as the mega dealers take over such practices are disappearing. Gone are most of the old farmer/dealers who understood crops and animals had to be take care of when needed. If you are lucky enough to have a dealership like the one Mark is with (my Father-in-law got some parts from there when he had a Ford) support them when you can. Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back