Vermeer Baler Kicker

Y'all have been helping me with my cutter/conditioner. Next is a round baler question.
The kicker on my Vermeer baler has worked fine in the past. Now it doesn't want to return to its position.
The instruction manual says to open the right of three valves. These obviously haven't been changed in a very
long time. The valve seems to be fully open (I assume counter clockwise is "open"). So, what do I do now?
thanks, kelly

It should be so I assume yours kicks as the door closes? I’ll look at ours tomorrow if nobody else has the answer. Does the valve they talk about look like the door lock? Because I remember that is like a 3/4 turn counter clockwise to lock but I don’t think I’ve ever messed with the kicker. By not returning dragging on the ground? I think it does take half a second after the door closed

The way mine should kick: 1) the gate goes up 2) the bale goes out 3) the kicker "Kicks" it 4) the bale rolls backward a bit. THEN the gate is supposed to close and after that the kicker return to its (closed) position.
The valve is a knob. It is about 1" or 1 1/2" diameter. It also has a keeper knob to keep it from changing.
No the kicker doesn't drag on the ground. It just doesn't return to its position. Thus it is not ready to kick the next bale.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back