Would ya save it?

RedMF40

Available for purchase in western Maryland. Couple questions: If it were already yours, what would you do with it?

If it weren't yours, would you part with 300 one-dollar bills to bring it home?

Attachments

• E8A39E51-1869-4714-A771-8C96038E80E5.jpeg
    E8A39E51-1869-4714-A771-8C96038E80E5.jpeg
    420.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 3E6BE411-3C7B-45C0-A0C0-E7D234AD1033.jpeg
    3E6BE411-3C7B-45C0-A0C0-E7D234AD1033.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 233
  • 85778C87-C746-45CE-9FE4-42602718D35F.jpeg
    85778C87-C746-45CE-9FE4-42602718D35F.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 232
Available for purchase in western Maryland. Couple questions: If it were already yours, what would you do with it?

I see no value there. If it was easily loaded on a truck/trailer I owned. I would take it directly to Midway Iron. Jim

I see no value there. If it was easily loaded on a truck/trailer I owned. I would take it directly to Midway Iron. Jim
That would put it across the tracks from where it started it’s post production journey if you think about it.

It's actually on my tractor wish list if it's a 10-20. I'd like to find one in better shape, with a bit more tractor represented. This has crossed the line between yard art an junk by a lot.

i would take the rad off and the steering wheel. rest is scrap as the scrap people are now wanting this old iron to mix with the chinese scrap iron, cause the new stuff has been recycled too much. that mccormick deering top tank is worth some money. only the early models were like that ,

If it was mine I would save the good parts that someone may need and scrap the rest. If I was buying, I would try to negotiate down as much as possible. But even at $300, you could still save the good parts and scrap the remainder and get most of your money back. Then sell the parts and make a profit. That has an early exhaust/intake manifold. It is worth around $150 If it is not cracked.

She's pretty far gone, Gerritt.

The radiator would look nice in a rust garden with greenery growing around it... and maybe some hen and chicks planted in the opening up top??? 😁

Like others have said. I would pull a few parts and send it to the scrap yard.

To many missing parts. It would cost a fortune just rounding up the parts needed to get it running. What would a magneto cost for a Deering? With the valve train exposed to the weather. Be a good bet that the engine is locked up.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back