Recent content by 4140 or bust

  1. 4

    Changing V-belts with a loader

    I ended up buying V-link belts are Harbor Freight, but I already had ordered a belt online that would cost me to return. So I ended up removing the front pump hub so that I could push the pump shaft forward enough to give me clearance to remove the old belts. Once that shaft was moved up, the...
  2. 4

    ford 4000 4cyllinder power stearing

    Dusting off this old thread as well. I just made my own in about 30 minutes and wanted to share the materials that I used. Started with a 1" knockout seal for electrical boxes. I Bend the retainer tabs back and forth until they popped off. The hammered the lip all around the edge to get it nice...
  3. 4

    Changing V-belts with a loader

    Thanks! I was looking at those but had already ordered the PS pump belt. Not big loss though. Where did you pick yours up? Harbor Freight has them but not sure those are HD enough. They don’t mention tractors as an application.
  4. 4

    Changing V-belts with a loader

    I can't believe I need help changing belts of all things. I have a 64 Ford 4000 Industrial 4 cyl gas with a 724 loader. Need to change the belts out and I already removed the mounting bolts from the front hydraulic pump, but that doesnt give enough clearance. I have read in other threads to...
  5. 4

    Power steering pump Ford 4000

    Thanks again. I ended up ordering from Wengers.
  6. 4

    Power steering pump Ford 4000

    That base is completely missing in mine. I just ordered it from Wengers, from the link Sean in PA sent, along with a filter and random gaskets for the loader and tractor today. I appreciate the link! I’ve seen a couple other threads here and on another forum where people have made their own...
  7. 4

    Power steering pump Ford 4000

    I poked around a bit and couldn’t find anything. Thank you for clarifying.
  8. 4

    Power steering pump Ford 4000

    Thank you, Sean!
  9. 4

    Power steering pump Ford 4000

    Here are a couple pics of the parts I’m talking about. The diagram shows all three and the picture shows the filter support. I’ve been a little confused because, like you mentioned, I’ve seen the same pump with a slight difference in internal components. I have the service manual and it calls...
  10. 4

    Power steering pump Ford 4000

    So I just opened the PS reservoir on my new to me 64 4000 and noticed some things were missing. Here’s a nice pic. I’m pretty sure I’m SOL and will have to run it this way. I know I can buy a filter, make a retainer, but the filter support is no where to be found online and I’m not going to drop...
  11. 4

    Ok, here is my number: 505-506-7111. Thank you! -Ed

    Ok, here is my number: 505-506-7111. Thank you! -Ed
  12. 4

    1962-1964 Ford 4000 Industrial w/ 724 loader, just got a new toy and have some questions...

    Hi Tony, I was thinking about this since I haven't take the filter out yet (I am waiting until I have all the parts to service everything on the tractor), is the original filter, 290417, a rigid composite filter and the later models moved to a paper filter, 86546604? Or the other way around? I...
  13. 4

    That would be great! I appreciate any info you can share! Thank you.

    That would be great! I appreciate any info you can share! Thank you.
  14. 4

    Ran out of characters in my first message: Post referring to your mod...

    Ran out of characters in my first message: Post referring to your mod: https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/threads/ford-dearborn-model-724-725-loader.1580295/ Diagram from Messick's...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top