Recent content by Absent Minded Farmer

  1. Absent Minded Farmer

    Lots of tires..what does it cost daily to hire a rig like this ?

    An blank check & bottomless bank account. Mike
  2. Absent Minded Farmer

    Literature---Early 1930's Huber Tractor & Threasher Brochure

    I like the swing-away wind stacker option. Makes it easier to get the walkers & pans out. And that color plate looks great! Mike
  3. Absent Minded Farmer

    Very interesting International Harvester - what can you tell me about it?

    Looks like a F12 or 14, set up to paddle through some soft ground or sand or something. Can't be good on the axles/seals/etc. Mike
  4. Absent Minded Farmer

    Thread cutting & drilling lubricant

    Still using Keystone 101 cutting & cooling oil. Was still being made under another name, last I looked. Don't recall who. Can probably find an old, full Keystone can at a machine shop auction. That's where I got a couple of mine. Mike
  5. Absent Minded Farmer

    BN, before and after

    That sounds familiar. Are the faux generators from the custom car world? Mike
  6. Absent Minded Farmer

    Bearcat 1250A Grind-O-Mix w/1206 video....

    The 1206 in the video is a first for a JD guy (the "help" that was shoveling) & he would agree with you. Think he said the last IH on the farm, when it was his dad's, was a 560. Then they went Green after that. Mike
  7. Absent Minded Farmer

    Operation 8N - Twenty Five Years with my 8N

    That's a really cool history! I cut my teeth on my grandfather's 8N, more years ago than I'd rather do the math on. It's current whereabouts is the Princeton area of Wi. Have had two 8N's, a 9N, a 2N & a 928N since.... though not in recent times. Enjoy your red belly!! Mike
  8. Absent Minded Farmer

    Why does my carb leak it's been rebuilt.

    I can send you two, if you really miss working on them. :p All humor aside, updraft carbs have to be about the easiest to work on. Except for the Tillotson carb that was on my Model AA. I monkeyed with that thing all summer until I realized there was a pinhole leak in the casting...
  9. Absent Minded Farmer

    Bearcat 1250A Grind-O-Mix w/1206 video....

    The mill on that thing is massive! Just going on size, I can see how it can eat up the horses. Mike
  10. Absent Minded Farmer

    Bearcat 1250A Grind-O-Mix w/1206 video....

    Haven't seen one of these in operation, in person before. There's quite a bit of machine there! Enjoy! Mike
  11. Absent Minded Farmer

    remote flywheel turner

    What baler are you working on? Mike
  12. Absent Minded Farmer

    1980 MF-285

    AuctionTime has five results listed for NC in the last year. Looks like the range is between $3500 & $7250. Otherwise, the prices are all over for 102 auction listings, listed all over the place, over the course of the last few years. I'll leave a link below, in case you &/or your buddy want to...
  13. Absent Minded Farmer

    Looking to buy a pair of binoculars

    Being a very big fan of Zeiss, I really don't like their newer binoc's. They give you a super bright, clear.... tiny field of view, for a very high price. I'd be happy with any of their field glass or scopes on up through the '70s, when they still put effort into their construction. I have an...
  14. Absent Minded Farmer

    remote flywheel turner

    How about this? Mike
  15. Absent Minded Farmer

    I H 660parts

    They had the C263 for the gassers & they were quite thirsty. Mike
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top