Recent content by AL Tractor Pickers

  1. A

    1972 International pickup

    I hate to see this post now, since we had a really nice long wheelbase 72 IH 1110 pickup. It was more for me to want to fix up because the engine and all 4 wheel cylinders were locked up. It had been sitting in the barn of a neighbor for about 25 years until we got it. We had it for about a year...
  2. A

    IH 424 Diesel Glow Plug Problems

    What is the deal with the bolt on the 1st glow plug. The others don't have that. Is that supposed to be there?? If not, what is? When I buy a glow plug(s), do they come with everything I will need?
  3. A

    Bit Depressed…

    I find the arguments entertaining and that becuase they break up most of what's the norm around here. It's all fun and games and people expressing their opinions to me. Fists aren't being thrown and the internet is easy to express them since its not a face to face conversation. No harm done...
  4. A

    130 ID Plate

    Here you are......Just change the 140 to 130 I also know a guy who makes decals to "overlay" over the original tag so you don't have to replace them. Go to the www.farmallcub.com website under "Cubs For Sale" and you'll see his ad at the top.
  5. A

    IH 424 Diesel Glow Plug Problems

    Solved the problem of the Key Switch! It appears that the previous owner didn't have the key for the tractor, so they bypassed the switch by wiring the wires together. I happened to have an original IH key switch key. I tried it after hooking the switch back up, and it works perfectly. All I...
  6. A

    IH 424 Diesel Glow Plug Problems

    REPLY FROM MYSELF....... JimB2, Please email or call me at [email protected] or 205-368-5339. While I have the tractor torn apart, I want to fix it right. All of the wiring seems to be original and in good condition. It doesn't look like it was ever tampered with....with the...
  7. A

    IH 424 Diesel Glow Plug Problems

    THIS IS A REPLY FROM "JIMB2" Hi, you must use the glow plugs to start the BD- 154 British Diesel for the first start of the day.For the first start of the day, in warmer climates it will start by just cranking the engine for a a period of time but not good for the starter. If engine...
  8. A

    IH 424 Diesel Glow Plug Problems

    We just bought a 424 Deisel and it runs great.......when you get it started! You have to hold down on the starter button and allow the engine to turn over for 60-90 seconds before it starts. The whole time it turns over it doesn't even hit....if it does it is very little. Once it hits, it spits...
  9. A

    IH 424 Diesel Glow Plug Problems

    This is in continuation of a couple of posts I placed on another persons thread, and decided to make my own thread to not further hijack his. I will repost the prior information so its all in one place. ........
  10. A

    INTERNATIONAL 424 DIESEL NO START

    I apologize to the original poster of this thread for not meaning to "hijack" this thread. I am going to start one for myself and hopefully this guy here will get his issue resolved as well. As for my problems with my 424 and the glow plugs, please see my new thread titled "IH 424 Diesel...
  11. A

    INTERNATIONAL 424 DIESEL NO START

    JimB2, Please email or call me at [email protected] or 205-368-5339. While I have the tractor torn apart, I want to fix it right. All of the wiring seems to be original and in good condition. It doesn't look like it was ever tampered with....with the exception of the key switch that...
  12. A

    Need a Wiring Diagram - IH 424 Diesel

    Thank you much! Haha, I got it, but it sure aint that easy to read. Alot of wires and busy stuff going on. To me it just doesn't look like everything is on there.....but I guess it is.
  13. A

    INTERNATIONAL 424 DIESEL NO START

    I also have a question. We just bought a 424 Deisel and it runs great.......when you get it started! You have to hold down on the starter button and allow the engine to turn over for 60-90 seconds before it starts. The whole time it turns over it doesn't even hit....if it does it is very little...
  14. A

    Help me identify this tractor......

    Right! I am pretty sure its an A, but what I am mainly wanting to know is if it has the place to put a hydraulic pump on the engine. I understand that the last A's produced had a place with a cover plate on it to add a hydraulic pump. See if yall can tell with the pictures I've provided. The...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top