Recent content by Alvin 41

  1. A

    Silo for Saturday

    I had a 16'x40' brick silo ,one layer of 4"x 8" bricks with waffle steel in mortar about every 2' and a few strap bands on lower half .Had 3/4"rods across doors to climband 2x12" toung and grouve door boards. No ladder on outside, it had a 3x12" plank to climb across to filler window for...
  2. A

    "Air Cannon" equivalent for small tires.

    Can't just wrap a bale string around the tire to expand it to rim ?
  3. A

    IH 1420 combine your thoughts

    Ask neighbor how it works in green or wet straw beans if you want to combine at night or how to set it for wheat if you need to get longer straw for baleing .My experience with 1460 and 1660 series was that they worked well , but required a lot of adjustment between crops.
  4. A

    Early gehl “pick chop” snapper head?

    No sickle but don't see any snapping rolls either ?
  5. A

    Changing oil

    I've got an old long lever floor jack that I use. Find a good center point to jack whole front end and jack wheels off the floor so I can check wheel bearings and steering . Always throw a safety block under just in case and have room to work .Some newer vehicles have so many under shields that...
  6. A

    Oliver powered gehl chop all?

    I remember seeing a Gehl self propelled flywheel cut chopper ,but don't remember the engine. It had a seat and controlls for the operator ,unlike the picture and probably power steering . Not many self propelled's had front steering .
  7. A

    What were you doing on 9-11

    Happened to be in house after morning chores ,and watching TV and burning tower hit by plane. My daughter was home from visiting a friend in Bahrain and got a call from a friend there who wanted to know what was going on. We had no idea the towers would fall down and the friend had been paying...
  8. A

    Silo for Saturday

    Very large door spacing and no climbing steps between the doors.
  9. A

    Used V-Hay Rake Recommendations

    Onli parts concern is condition of tines (they break at band pivot }and are apx $3/tine or $100 for a whole complete wheel ,or if the wheel arms are bent.
  10. A

    Skidsteer advice

    I've two 30 year old NH L785 and just sold a Case 1845 C for $6000.They will do the work your considering and I just put $100 hummer tires on one and it will go 11 mph down the road.
  11. A

    What did the bullet muffler sound like?

    I recall our new 47 U sounded powerfuy and not too loud .
  12. A

    Shuttle Shift Tractors ????

    Anything with live PTO ,but you will have to hold clutch while tying .
  13. A

    New Idea 4308 Wheel V Rake

    I used a 30 year old Hesston (H&S) 12 wheel rake for many years .Just had to rerplace broken teeth .
  14. A

    Mosquito control

    Bats !!
  15. A

    What happened to pickups??

    My first pickup was a 47 Chevrolet corner window farm truck which I maintained in order to drive it to high school . Later in the muscle car era I thought of some 2 seat V-8 pickups as sports cars. Only new I bought was 97 Ford 4wd for $18000.,and it rusted out including frame. Now the 4 doors...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top