Recent content by BarnabyHooge

  1. B

    Post hole depth

    That makes a lot more sense. Thanks!
  2. B

    Post hole depth

    That makes a lot more sense. Thanks!
  3. B

    Post hole depth

    Used my Woods Equipment post hole auger for the first time today and it bottomed out at 36" or so. I figured there must be an extension for it, but I'm really not seeing them anywhere. Would have thought everyone would have them. Do folks just use the standard length bit and leave the depth as is?
  4. B

    Questions on 4600su

    Looking at the pictures I have, it appears as if the rim could be adjusted in, or even if it can't, the wheels could be flipped so more of the axle fits inside the tire. Tires would have to be swapped from side to side too, obviously.
  5. B

    Questions on 4600su

    Thank you for the input. The wheels that are on it are 16.9-24.
  6. B

    Questions on 4600su

    I went to look at a 4600su diesel w/ 3,600 hrs last night but I'm not sure one two things. 1. The rear tires are really wide, and push the total width out to mover 7.5 ft. There not in super condition so thinking I could replace them with some thinner wheels if need be. Is it hard to find...
  7. B

    One last shot - Ignition Mystery

    The points are the only thing that isn't from Napa, and I believe they are "Calco" brand from Fleet Farm in WI. I converted from Pos. Ground 6v to Neg ground 12v. Coil is internally resisted. Firing order is 1243 and CW, correct. I've always gotten the correct amount of voltage at...
  8. B

    One last shot - Ignition Mystery

    Thats the exact tester I used.
  9. B

    One last shot - Ignition Mystery

    I'm using the "CTA Ignition Tester" from Fleet Farm. I've tested it with both the tester and placing the wire toward ground. When I first hit the button, it seems to be consistent. The longer I do it, however, the more I noticed one little drop, then another, and it's no longer...
  10. B

    One last shot - Ignition Mystery

    I feel like I'm out of options here. I'm still getting really inconsistent spark. I'm getting consistent spark to the cap. I've added the rotor clip, new Napa rotor, new Napa cap, plug wires are less than 2 years old and tested perfect, and I even put in new plugs for good measure. My...
  11. B

    Moving the Engine by Hand - 860

    Much appreciated, everyone! Great tips.
  12. B

    Moving the Engine by Hand - 860

    Is there a way to turn the engine by hand on an 860? Turning the fan doesn't seem to work.
  13. B

    Distributor slipping?

    I dont have the clip, but the rotor fits really snug. The other one I had on hand did slip a lot. So much so that the dust cover always came off with the cap. Now it stays put and only the cap comes off.
  14. B

    Ignition Nightmare 2: THE RETURN OF THE SPUTTER

    Shoot! I didn't see this before I started a new thread! Could you provide me with a few details on how to check that? For future reference, I replaced the primary screw & copper tab with a wire from the points directly to the coil. I used the old bushing and a little hot glue to keep...
  15. B

    Distributor slipping?

    Finally got good spark at the coil on my 860, but still getting random and intermittent spark at the plugs. New Cap & rotor, and I checked all the plug wires for continuity and resistance. The tractor will start for 10-20 seconds and stumble through a bit then cut out. Is it possible...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top