Recent content by Briankos

  1. B

    Backhoe part question on dipper

    I was really thinking of going with steel and yes, I would replace both... I have a friend who can cut them exactly.
  2. B

    Backhoe part question on dipper

    Thanks for the reply... the metal looks grainy so thats why I say cast....
  3. B

    Backhoe part question on dipper

    I have a Case 680E backhoe. I am new to Heavy Equipment repair, so I wanted to reach out and ask this silly question. There are 2 plates that attack the hoe bucket to the dipper arm. Yesterday, while sweeping dirt to level it out a bit, I side hit a big rock and snapped one of these plates...
  4. B

    case 680E motor swap

    The oil pan is gone, and the hydraulic pump needs a front bearing. If you are still interested in the pump let me know.... Anyone have the wiring diagram for the start circuit for the 1978 680e with a 336 engine? The manual doesn't show wire colors from the key switch.
  5. B

    case 680E motor swap

    I'll see what I can do with the oil pan. I may be able to get it back. I have all other parts of this tractor available (Except the engine) including the compressor and hydraulic pump, radiator, intake and exhaust manifolds, water manifold, all hydraulics and pistons.
  6. B

    case 680E motor swap

    I didn't pull the tranny with it because the donor tractors tranny was bad. No forward.
  7. B

    case 680E motor swap

    Okay, Motor is swapped.... got everything in and all hoses etc connected. There are about 10 bolts to separate the bell housing to the motor, including 4 from the starter. Also 1 main motor mount bolt in the front, under the hydraulic pump... 1 1/8 nuts. 2 brand new batteries fully charged, and...
  8. B

    case 680E motor swap

    I bought another machine with the exact same motor, now for a swap.... the 1st one I stripped down to block and heads before pulling it, and found that there is 1 bolt in the front of the engine holding it, and somewhere around 10 or 12 bolts around the bellhousing, then some miscellaneous...
  9. B

    case 680E motor swap

    Thanks for the reply. Ended up buying another machine to salvage motor. Check the other posts and you will see why.
  10. B

    case 680E motor swap

    Thanks for the reply. This particular motor has the spline on front that drives the hydraulic pump. Ended up buying a whole machine that had a bad tranny, just to pull the motor for my swap. Have plenty of spare parts now! Was told that the 336 is a very strong motor, and the machine was worth...
  11. B

    case 680E motor swap

    Well, after finally pulling the motor out and having a mechanic take a look. whoever owned the backhoe before me hade the motor rebuilt recently. Problem was that the JERK who rebuilt it left 2 connecting rod bolts loose. Found the 2 rod bolts in the pan. Crank junk, rod bent, 2 valves bent and...
  12. B

    case 680E motor swap

    I have seen some post from many years ago about the case 336 motor. Well unfortunately for me, yep, no research, I bought a 1978 case 680E 2wd backhoe non turbo, with the 336.... used it 5 or 6 hours and she died. Just stopped. clunk. to make a long story short, drained oil and found brass in...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top