Recent content by Brodes

  1. B

    OT New Hampshire

    There are lots of places to see in New Hampshire. Mount Washington and the cog railway that goes up it Old man on the mountain (I think he lost his nose though) Santa's Village Conway (Outlet stores galore) Down by the ocean there is Portsmouth, which has a beautiful working harbor The...
  2. B

    Cracked block and wrong carb

    That seems pretty direct to me. I have never checked valve lash before but the other items I can do quite easily. I will give them a try, thanks. Mark
  3. B

    Cracked block and wrong carb

    Thanks for the reply. I am assuming the braze was good at one time but with the crack extending past it, I also assumed that a stop hole wasn't done. I have also taken your past advice and I do have a great spark after replacing a few of the electrical items. The skip is more of a flutter and...
  4. B

    Cracked block and wrong carb

    Thanks for the reply. I am assuming the braze was good at one time but with the crack extending past it, I also assumed that a stop hole wasn't done. I have also taken your past advice and I do have a great spark after replacing a few of the electrical items. The skip is more of a flutter and...
  5. B

    Cracked block and wrong carb

    Hello all, There has been a couple of recent posts concerning cracked blocks and I guess that I have a question about repairing mine. I have a TEA-2085 and my block has a crack on the right side of the engine that was brazed at some point in time by someone. How or why it is cracked is ancient...
  6. B

    High-post cut

    Norwood Industries manufactures the tool described in an earlier post. I have never seen one used in person but the factory video makes it look invaluable.
  7. B

    Sharing a picture

    We are located in Downeast Maine, close to Canada. Our tractor (Daisy) belonged to my father in law who bought it to help launch the boat we built. He also spent a week sleeping in the shed afterwards because he wan't supposed to buy it in the first place and was kicked out of the house. He...
  8. B

    Sharing a picture

    Thanks guys. We've never had so much fun.
  9. B

    Sharing a picture

    I spent the morning working with my son and our '53 Fergie. What could be better than that!
  10. B

    TEA20 front spindles

    I am in the process of replacing the bushings and thrust bearings for my front spindles since there was so much slack and seemed unsafe. As I have read in past postings and is a common issue, the spindles themselves show wear where they meet the bushings in the housings. I am all overwelding in...
  11. B

    TEA20 Hydraulic pump/steering oil

    I am slowly rebuilding my father in laws '53 TEA20. I have recently changed the seals in the axles, all oils and the muffler. Now that the muffler is fixed I can hear the hydraulic pump. I know that the fluid is slightly low on the stick due to the facyt that there is a drip from a seal on the...
  12. B

    TEA20 rear axle seals

    Thanks for the info. Now that I know about the seals I have found a wealth of information about them and I think taht they will work perfectly for what I need to do.
  13. B

    TEA20 rear axle seals

    I have just acquired a 1953 TEA20 from my mother in law and am getting it ready to work again. My father in law had it for twelve years and the brakes never worked so it is time to fix them. In looking at the brakes it is obvious that at the very least the outer seal is leaking grease into the...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top