Recent content by cabisson

  1. C

    JD 1520 Hard Cab

    I had honestly discounted them as an option, just because it's so old and I wasn't even sure it was a JD product! I'll give them a shot when they open tomorrow! Thanks!
  2. C

    JD 1520 Hard Cab

    So - an Amazon delivery driver ran over my cab/windshield last night! I've never seen anything online regarding an original hard cab for the 1520, and I suspect this unit started its life on something else. However, I need to put together some kind of 'replacement cost' for the reports. Does...
  3. C

    Splitting a 1520/1530

    Picture for reference.
  4. C

    Splitting a 1520/1530

    So, I've got a '74 1520 that I'm planning to split, to accommodate work on the flywheel/ring gear. The service manual talks about using the JDG-2K Support Stand on the front half of the tractor. It looks simple enough, so I figured I'd fabricate something similar. I tried searching online to...
  5. C

    JD Model 48 Loader

    Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!
  6. C

    JD Model 48 Loader

    Has anyone ever come across a pdf copy of the Operators Manual for this loader? I've found a copy of the parts manual, but that's about it.
  7. C

    Carb Issues

    Thanks guys! Nice to have an 8N mishap that doesn't cost a fortune, for a change! :wink:
  8. C

    Carb Issues

    So, the joys of ethanol have finally struck me. Tank liner is all powdered, working it's way through the fuel system, and making life an adventure. Working my way through things earlier, I brought the carb inside and gave it a thorough cleaning. Had to be 1/4" of white powder paste in the...
  9. C

    8N Front End Loader Hydro Cylinder Repair

    Any ballpark on what I should consider a good price?
  10. C

    8N Front End Loader Hydro Cylinder Repair

    I came here today, hoping to ask a simple question - haha! :lol: In prepping to ask questions though, I learned a little about my rig. It's a 1952 8N, with a Model 68 front end loader. I'd always wondered what model the loader was, because it doesn't match up with any of the stock photos...
  11. C

    Tokheim Model 788 Hand Pump

    Hey All, Just added a Tokheim Model 788 Hand Pump & Rusty Fuel Barrel to my garage! Had a friendly neighbor offer it up free, and I was tired of spilling gas all over the hood of my 8N anyway. Seems to work just fine, and makes a "fun" goose honking sound on the up stroke & down...
  12. C

    8n hydraulic pump issues

    Yup, had the same issue here. Had to take an angle grinder to the sides of the valves (and a couple bolt heads, I think) to make it fit. I think it's been discussed a few times over the years. The parts for the rebuild all work really well though, once you grind 'em to fit! :wink: Of...
  13. C

    Battery Charger

    I'd been thinking of tucking one away under the hood somewhere, for this winter when it's in the garage all the time. When it's -30F outside, that garage still gets pretty cold! I've got a list of mods and improvements I'd like to get done before the snow falls here. I'd like to get the...
  14. C

    Battery Charger

    I'd love to be able to use a float - but I can't devote my workshop (i.e.- the garage) to the tractor during the nice months, and haven't run a power drop to the tractors living spot in the yard yet, since I doesn't have a designated spot...yet. That being said, I usually deal with a...
  15. C

    Battery Charger

    "6 Volt Engine Start" ?!? That's awesome!
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top