Carb Issues

cabisson

Member
So, the joys of ethanol have finally struck me. Tank liner is all powdered, working it's way through the fuel system, and making life an adventure.

Working my way through things earlier, I brought the carb inside and gave it a thorough cleaning. Had to be 1/4" of white powder paste in the bottom, plugging up all the holes down there.

Because today didn't feel enough like a Monday, I forgot to replace one of the little screw/plug bits when I put it back together. It was probably lost in one of the paper towels that I had the whole mess sitting on, on the kitchen counter. One of the paper towels that I tossed in the burn barrel when I went back outside. The barrel that I lit, when I figured I was done for now, and going to make a run into town.

Is it time for Whiskey yet?

Can't find my parts book, and can't find a good picture online.

Does that little screw serve a purpose OTHER than just plugging up that passageway? If that's all it does, I'll just bring the carb to Home Depot and find a machine screw that matches, and make a replacement.

 
(quoted from post at 14:48:08 12/02/17) So, the joys of ethanol have finally struck me. Tank liner is all powdered, working it's way through the fuel system, and making life an adventure.

Working my way through things earlier, I brought the carb inside and gave it a thorough cleaning. Had to be 1/4" of white powder paste in the bottom, plugging up all the holes down there.

Because today didn't feel enough like a Monday, I forgot to replace one of the little screw/plug bits when I put it back together. It was probably lost in one of the paper towels that I had the whole mess sitting on, on the kitchen counter. One of the paper towels that I tossed in the burn barrel when I went back outside. The barrel that I lit, when I figured I was done for now, and going to make a run into town.

Is it time for Whiskey yet?

Can't find my parts book, and can't find a good picture online.

Does that little screw serve a purpose OTHER than just plugging up that passageway? If that's all it does, I'll just bring the carb to Home Depot and find a machine screw that matches, and make a replacement.


It just plugs a hole.
 
It is/was a brass plug. They are very short, so you may have
to cut a screw off to get it in there. Be careful of the threads.
I replace them with the right part so I don't hit anything else inside.
They are available, but they're about $2 each last I checked.
Plus shipping of course.
I have some here if you need one. New and used.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top