Recent content by Cat Box

  1. C

    O/T Snowmobilers? Engine Reputation?

    Hey fellas. I had a small engine question, but didn't know where to ask. Probably small engine tinkerers are familiar with 4-wheelers and snowmobiles too. I want to buy a newer Arctic Cat and heard ZR or F5 500 engines had some issues (like BANG!). Can anyone supply some input? Years...
  2. C

    Arctic Cat engine update

    It's a real rocket off the line. But I plan on cleaning it out, then checking my pump diaphrams.
  3. C

    Arctic Cat engine update

    Where could I see a photo? I'm a Jacobson/MM guy myself.
  4. C

    Arctic Cat engine update

    500cc fan cooled Spirit ran cool in the Pantera all weekend putting around on the trails. One problem: After longer open throttle cruising, it would cut out and surge. I would assume fuel pump is not keeping up ...this may contribute to being a tad lean on top eh? Sidenote: Did you know there...
  5. C

    2-cycle head temp -old Arctic Cat

    Thanks. All checked, all good. I use Valvoline snowmobile oil. I noticed most places have Valvoline outboard oil. I don't use it. Still trying to find out the difference. I'm sure it has to do with how it acts in cold temperatures. We used to use only Golden Spectro (synthetic) or "Purple...
  6. C

    2-cycle head temp -old Arctic Cat

    Plugs look perfect light-med brown and I never have to change them (even though I do). Drove it this weekend in 10 deg weather and it ran about 300-350 degrees most of the time. 400 if I pushed it hard. probably ok.
  7. C

    2-cycle head temp -old Arctic Cat

    Hey Joe. The machine has cyl head temp gauges in the dash. Only one is working, but it is read off a washer below the spark plug with wires running back to the gauge. I've used Klotz. It's great stuff. Smells like soap when it burns. Burns clean.
  8. C

    2-cycle head temp -old Arctic Cat

    Ok so this is not a garden tractor but it is a small engine. My 1979 Arctic Cat Pantera has a Fan Cooled Suzuki Spirit 500CC. Riding in 25 degree weather, head temp gets up over 500 degrees. What should this run? My old 1972 399 Kawasaki powered Panther runs not much more than 400 degrees or...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top