Recent content by Copeland

  1. C

    Winter outside storage?

    Hi, Everyone - thank you so much for all the great advice. After reading your comments, I'm going to put a tarp over it, keep the tarp in place with concrete blocks, make sure no moisture can go down the exhaust or shifter, and then just call it good and wait it out until spring. This is what I...
  2. C

    Winter outside storage?

    I'd really appreciate some advice. A 1952 Farmall Cub just sort of fell into my lap when a neighbor moved away. My sheds are so full I couldn't fit another thing in there, so it looks like this one will have to sit outside until spring when I get another shed built. Problem is, I live in...
  3. C

    Spark Plug gap?

    Thank you again for the advice and explanation. Everything you said makes sense to me. I'll start out with .025 and see how that works. And, once I have it running, I can play with the gap then to see what is best for this particular tractor. Thanks again -- your advice is greatly appreciated...
  4. C

    Spark Plug gap?

    Hi, jCarroll - thanks for the reply. The magneto is original, but I don't know the condition it is in. This tractor is the classic it ran when it was parked scenario. If the mag is somewhat weaker because of its age, will going to .025 help make the mag work better or more efficiently by having...
  5. C

    Spark Plug gap?

    Hi, All - I'd appreciate it very much if someone could answer something for me. I just inherited my uncle's 1938 hand-crank-only Model B. It's been sitting and hasn't run for a good number of years, so I'm going to spend the winter getting it up and running again. There are Autolite 295 spark...
  6. C

    Farmall H rear tire, rim, and hub removal???

    Thanks for the suggestion. I *will* try your method first, but I'm afraid everything is going to be too heavy that way. I don't have access to a cherry picker, and I don't know anyone who has one. That's why I thought I'd try the method I came up with. I'll let y'all know what happens.
  7. C

    Farmall H rear tire, rim, and hub removal???

    Hi, All -- thank you for the suggestions, these really help. Something else also dawned on me this afternoon. Why couldn't I just take the tire and rim off the hub (6 bolts through each rim holding it on the hub) so that the hub is the only thing left on the axle. Taking off the tire/rim by...
  8. C

    Farmall H rear tire, rim, and hub removal???

    Hi, Guys. Thanks to the help I've received here at the discussion board, I now have the Farmall H running fine and looking pretty sharp - and ready for work and tractor rides. However, I have one more major thing to do, and I'd REALLY appreciate advice on good ways to do this. Before I got the...
  9. C

    Tearing Hair Out over Charging System!!!

    Hi, John T -- This is all still the strangest thing. Since that spark that happened when I grounded the Field terminal, the charging system is working like a champ. My wife said the tip of the alligator clip I put on the F Terminal really glowed orange for a second before the big spark. I...
  10. C

    Tearing Hair Out over Charging System!!!

    Hi, John T -- I'd appreciate it very much if I could ask you a question since this is related to the information you sent to me (which I appreciated very much). To me, this now falls into one of the "Mysteries of the Universe." I took your advice and did a jumper from the Field terminal of the...
  11. C

    Tearing Hair Out over Charging System!!!

    Thanks, guys, for all the advice, but I'm still stumped by why it was charging perfectly one minute - and then not at all the next. The wild bouncing of the ammeter when it WAS still charging is a stumper, too. In terms of taking off the ground cable while the motor is running, I did that...
  12. C

    Tearing Hair Out over Charging System!!!

    Hi, Guys, I'm still working on the charging system of my 1946 Farmall H. Found out the generator and cutout were bad, so I got a new (used( generator and a voltage regulator (brand new). With your help and the diagrams here, I rewired for the new VR. This morning I finally had everything ready...
  13. C

    switch from cutout to Voltage Regulator

    Hi, Wore Out - Thank you SO much! This was the last piece of the puzzle I needed. I'll give this a whirl and see how she goes. I don't know if you saw this in another of my posts, but I'm restoring this '46 H with my three young grandsons because they are all home from school the rest of the...
  14. C

    switch from cutout to Voltage Regulator

    This is the picture I tried to post, but it didn't work the first time. I'll now try again. This is a picture of the way it is now wired with the cutout on there. Jeff
  15. C

    switch from cutout to Voltage Regulator

    Hi, Wore Out. You were the last person to post on this topic, so I'll address this to you and all the others at the same time. I'm now adding a photo I just took of what the inside of my switch box looks like wired for the cutout. As you can see, this is where the wires go now: *The blue wire...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top