Recent content by dfwallis

  1. D

    Farmall H PTO Behavior

    AI says the behavior is likely because it isn't 100% disengaged. I'll buy that for now.
  2. D

    MF 41 Mower Tilt Adjustment

    Delete
  3. D

    MF 41 Mower Tilt Adjustment

    There is an eccentric adjustment to rotate the main cutter bar section. It appears to be rusted solid (large round tube inside a round tube receiver section). I've tried 6 foot pry bars, heavy hammers and gear pullers (and PB Blaster) and not been able to break it loose. Anybody have any easy...
  4. D

    Farmall H PTO Behavior

    The SN is from 1940, but it has a 1-3/8 PTO shaft. When disengaged, the shaft seems to turn freely about 130 degrees (sort of like freewheeling) then seems to engage teeth while continuing to rotate. I assume something is stripped. What would be most likely place for teeth to be stripped if...
  5. D

    3 Point Carry All

    We have about 80 acres of 85% forest. I've never had much trouble getting even a full sized wagon close enough to where I needed it. We had a few wagon trails through the forest, not always well cleared. I can see the utility of a carry all. It's just that I like to minimize the number of...
  6. D

    3 Point Carry All

    Why do some choose carry alls? It seems like the more useful implements would be a reversible dirt scoop and/or a wagon. The dirt scoop has less capacity (volume), but a lot more overall usefulness. If you want to haul a lot of stuff, then get a wagon.
  7. D

    Dunham Lehr Ground Chief GC-78 Parts Source and Color Scheme

    After 9 months in the repair shop, the DL cylinder has been rebuilt (machine shop was out with back problems). He created a new "head" by copying the old one. The old one did not have an octagon at the top, it was round with a flat side to access the snap ring. After cleaning out some gunk...
  8. D

    Dunham Lehr Ground Chief GC-78 Parts Source and Color Scheme

    Attached PDF includes pages from the DL brochure for reference. At Shoup, it looks like blade PN 490 might be right (back order). 504FB might also work, but has a flat center. I've enquired to Shoup if they have a cross reference not published online.
  9. D

    Dunham Lehr Ground Chief GC-78 Parts Source and Color Scheme

    A few questions: 1. Is there a model tag located somewhere on the disk? I've not found one. 2. Is there a source for the 18 inch square axle disks (probably scrapers, haven't got all dug out of the forest yet)? Shoup, AGCO? I find no direct reference to these models. 3. What is the likely...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top