Recent content by dhermesc

  1. D

    Cub Cadet 1650 - governor or carb issue

    Running fine now with the Chinese carb. Not interested in making issues that don't exist.
  2. D

    Farmall 300 tach

    My 350 had a $25 tach installed in 2004 - worked until I sold it last summer. As near as I can tell the cheap $30 tachs are made by the same companies as the $100+ units. None of them are being built in the US. Unless you are buying a refurbished original tach they are pretty much all the...
  3. D

    Cub Cadet 1650 - governor or carb issue

    The engine wouldn't fire with the original carburetor - even when using starting fluid. It would start easily with the cheap Chinese carburetor and run until the engine got warm. The original carb needs rebuilt at minimum - and rebuild kits cost more than complete carburetors.
  4. D

    Cub Cadet 1650 - governor or carb issue

    Figured it out. I had made sure that I installed the new coil exactly the same way the old one was removed. The wires were reversed. The keyed wire was on the negative and the wire from the points and the condenser were on the positive. Reversed the wiring and it runs perfect now. With...
  5. D

    Cub Cadet 1650 - governor or carb issue

    Put a working carb on from a 1450 - Cub does the exact same thing. When the engine is cold it runs fine and will respond to the governor without an issue. Once its warmed up - does the stall thing when the governor kicks in. The warmer the engine gets - the worse the stall issue becomes...
  6. D

    Cub Cadet 1650 - governor or carb issue

    I bought a Cub Cadet 1650 that had been sitting for a LONG time. I bought it a year ago and I am guessing it sat (in a shed) for 5 to even 10 years before I bought it. I don't think this engine has a lot of hours on it as it had always been an in-town yard unit just mowing the homeowner's...
  7. D

    Farmall 560 shift question

    I see a 560 advertised as running/operating but the tractor can only shift into 3rd and 4th gear (and neutral). What would be the repair process for this?
  8. D

    460 / 560 overall differences ?

    The 460 and 560 share engines from the same "family" - the 460 having a 221 cubic inch and the 560 having 263. Supposedly my 460 has a 263 from a 656. If I ever got energetic enough to check, I could verify by measuring the stroke.
  9. D

    Missing catalytic converters on a Ford Ranger

    1995 Jeep has the pre OBD2 computer system. Using generic cats is a little more difficult on OBD2 systems and the last thing I want to do is install the cheaper cats then find out I still have CEL and limp mode.
  10. D

    Missing catalytic converters on a Ford Ranger

    I think the older the OBD2 system the less issues it causes.
  11. D

    Missing catalytic converters on a Ford Ranger

    Anyone know the long term effects of running a 1999 Ford Ranger with a 3.0 without catalytic converters? I know the CEL will be on forever but what other issues might I encounter? Local shop says its $1500 to replace the cats ($1200 pickup). No state emissions checks to worry about. I know...
  12. D

    New Holland 276 install parts question

    I took apart my baler last spring and didn't take pictures thinking I would have it back together in a couple days. That was 9 months ago and now I have having trouble remembering how the guard & support for the finger bar are installed. A picture of this from an assembled 276 would be great...
  13. D

    IH 440 Wire Tie balers

    Years back I had an IH 47 wire tie baler. It tied remarkably well and I could usually run an entire spool of wire without missing a bale. It had two issues - the 47 was VERY SLOW and for some reason I couldn't get the spools connected good enough to feed through the needles. Seemed like I...
  14. D

    40 year Allis Chalmers Collection auction

    I have FB and I can't find it either.
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top