Recent content by DLPinnix78

  1. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Select-O-Speed, PTO slipping.

    Still working on my late grandfathers 1963 4000SOS. The PTO slips when under a load. It was working fine, then we noticed it slipping. There was no work done to the tractor between it working and not working. Fluids look good, everything else works and shifts properly. We had a manual but...
  2. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    Figured it out yesterday, I put the Venturi in upside down..
  3. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    :thankyou: I really appreciate the advice!! I worked on my driveway a couple of hours with her yesterday!! My NH5030 is just too big for detail work....:ROFLMAO:
  4. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    And the winner is…………… Upside down Venturi!!!!
  5. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    I really appreciate everyone taking time to give me some suggestions, just hate I have to wait until I get off work to try to get it figured out.
  6. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    I had to purchase a new adjuster for the main. The old one snapped before it began to get tight reinstalling it. I was lucky and it snapped at the four ports so it backed out with a straight screw driver. It looked iffy when I took it out like it had been tightened to much and the holes...
  7. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    When I pull it apart to check the venturi I’ll check that but I’m pretty sure I blew air and carb cleaner through every one I saw.
  8. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    Yeah I have a new screen and with the bowl off it pours out. The carb has a good stream out the drain when I open it too.
  9. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    Lol, I don’t have to guess!! I learn more by screwing up sometimes!!
  10. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    Hopefully tomorrow after work I’ll get a chance to open it up and see. Thanks!!!
  11. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    I didn’t force anything together, the bottom half sat on top of the top half with no issues or a gap. Could I still have it upside down??
  12. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    I very well could have. It fell out when I got the carb apart and the drawing that came with the kit looked like a copy of a copy of a copy if you know what I mean. Is it big end up or down??
  13. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    Of coarse I tried adjusting the main jet. It shut off when I closed it, and it didn't change as I opened it more.
  14. D

    1963 Ford 4000 Gas carburetor trouble. Any suggestions??

    I have my late grandfathers 4000 select-o-speed. It sat for a few years and I decided to get it running. It has the Marvel Schebler TSX-813 carburetor. After I got it running the float hung on the carb and flooded it out so I ordered a rebuild kit. I meticulously cleaned it and replaced...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top