Recent content by Doug Hale

  1. D

    140 HI CLEAR 6or 12 volt?

    Wondering a couple things about my 140 HI CLEAR. Not for sure if it is a 1958? Serial # 1314-JHC? What year did things switch over to 12 volt? and how can you tell for sure. Since I"ve had the tractor I"ve had a 6 volt battery in it and it is always hard to start, turns over real slow, I...
  2. D

    Half Century of Progress show touchy subject

    go to halfcenturyofprogress.com click on more, then policies. Says that ATV 4 wheelers WILL be allowed, 5MPH speed limit for everything.
  3. D

    cleaning up my H

    When I did my 41 H several years ago, my wife came home from Dollar General with a spray bottle of "GREASED LIGHTING". I had been trying everything else so gave this a try. Was amazed how it worked. Sent a email to the company to see if it was available in anything bigger and they advised...
  4. D

    Trailer Floor

    Thanks for the reply"s. I"m going to use regular 2x6 treated. Went out and did some figuring, around 500 screws. That will keep me busy for a while.
  5. D

    farmal H electrical problem

    Any thoughts on GOOD wiring harness"s. Who makes a good harness that comes with good directions. I know it is best to remove one at a time and replace, but what if your not sure if its correct to start with?
  6. D

    Trailer Floor

    Getting ready to replace the wood decking on my trailer. Wondering if using treated tongue & groove would be better than regular treated 2x6? Thinking tongue & groove might not warp as bad?
  7. D

    RPRU

    Lucky You. We are only a few hours away ourselves, but have other commitments that weekend. Went to La Porte last year, our first RPRU and had a ball.
  8. D

    IH 140 plowing

    Just plowed for the first time with my 140 Hi-Clear a couple Sundays ago. Pulled a 2-14 JD trip plow. A little slow, but had a blast. 5 yr old grandson had more fun than grandpa I think. Wasn"t long and he was doing the driving. He had a great time and I always enjoy our "Quality Time"...
  9. D

    i-40 high crop

    Ken, Did some more looking on wikia.com site and still don't find anything. They do say that the numbers built started at serial number 501, 1958 to 1967, and include the 140. In 1963 says they were "restyled" and in 1968 they were "rebranded" to IH from McCormick-Farmall.
  10. D

    i-40 high crop

    That's a good question Ken. I have one myself and never can find any information regards to # built, or much of anything else as that goes. Guess they are the same as a regular 140, except the taller tires and longer spindles. Happy Thanksgiving...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top