Recent content by Dr_Rockwell14

  1. D

    1940 Ford 9n backfiring

    upon closer inspection it appears that the points aren't opening at all as the distributor rotates. They stay closed. I did try to adjust them but they appear to be adjusted all the way out? another question is will I have to reset the engine timing after replacing the points and the parts along...
  2. D

    1940 Ford 9n backfiring

    I did pull the distributor when I was trying to diagnose why I had no spark and the points looked fine. it's probably worth noting it's a front mount distributor and it's converted to 12v
  3. D

    1940 Ford 9n backfiring

    I was brush hogging last week and ran out of fuel, let it rest and put some in it the next day. Wouldn't start. checked and had no spark. I foolishly left the key on and it fried the coil, so I swapped the coil. Now I have good spark on all 4 cylinders but it is running really rough and...
  4. D

    Starter Switch Rod

    These are fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
  5. D

    Starter Switch Rod

    yup, that's probably what I'll get and just wire my 12v kit right into the dash switch instead of the other one, it eliminates the safety, but up until now, I didn't even realize it had a neutral safety, the way it was wired previously diverted around it in a conviluted way.
  6. D

    Starter Switch Rod

    thanks, that's a good visual, I did pull the button out of mine just to look, couldn't see anything unusual besides that rod is gone unfortunately. I'll probably just end up getting a universal push button and mount it on my dash instead of messing around trying to replace that rod
  7. D

    Starter Switch Rod

    I don't believe that is the right rod for it, but what is the process of replacing it? do I have to take off the shifter cover to get it in?
  8. D

    Starter Switch Rod

    I'm converting my 9n to 12v after the generator failed and using the opportunity to fix the cobbled up wiring that was put on, somewhere along the lines a solenoid was installed where the starter switch normally is, I removed it and the makeshift cover they had for the hole, the problem I'm...
  9. D

    Rocker pin removal?

    Hello, im just trying to confirm that the long lower pin on the rocker can be removed? Im trying to add stay chains for a brushhog and that pin is giving me a fit.
  10. D

    No spark on Cylinder 1

    I have a ford 9n that has good strong spark on 2,3, and 4 but cylinder one isnt firing. i swapped the wire to make sure it wasnt bad and it was not, i just dont know where to go from here! any help would be appreciated
  11. D

    9N Has Spark Wont Start

    What do you guys think about the one cylinder not getting spark? i tested the same wire in cylinder 2 and it got spark so the wire is still good, i also tried a different plug and still had no spark. it seems odd that only the 1 cylinder isnt firing but the rest are putting out strong spark.
  12. D

    9N Has Spark Wont Start

    Cylinder one is now at 90 for compression, i had to leave for the day so i will be back there in a few days to tinker with it again, unfortunately its an hour from my current home.
  13. D

    9N Has Spark Wont Start

    i swapped the wire and still didnt have spark so the wire is seemingly still. good, just that slot isn't putting out spark, so new cap and rotor? i still had good fuel flow after it stopped running also
  14. D

    9N Has Spark Wont Start

    All the plugs are jumping 1/4" gap except for Cylinder 1 which has no spark at all. So low compression and no spark on cylinder 1. :evil:
  15. D

    9N Has Spark Wont Start

    ok folks, i did the compression test and had 100-110 on all except for the first one (closest to radiator) had 65, so i put a teaspoon of oil in it, replaced the plugs and it started for 10-30 seconds, puffed a bunch of smoke, so i started it again and it started and ran for 5 minutes before...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top