Recent content by flyphoto

  1. J

    Picture of the ford 4610 engine wireing?

    Hi guys :) Do any of you Ford 4610 owners have some pictures of the engine wireing? After my rebuild, I cant remeber wich way to mount the wireing loom :/ And google cant seem to help me :/ Kind regards Morten
  2. F

    420 front axle adjustment

    In my operator's manual, it shows removing the big bolts on the axle and then loosen the tie rod clamps and remove the tie rod bolts and adjust. The toe is 1/8" to 1/2" toe in.
  3. F

    420W Trans Noise and Advice on Splitting

    I spoke with the person who suggested that the input shaft could be removed without taking out the differential and the output shaft. He says he has done this many many times and that the key is to drive the front bearing and gear off of the input shaft so that you can gain clearance. It will...
  4. F

    420W Trans Noise and Advice on Splitting

    My plan on the mounts I'm building would be to keep the front stationary and move the rear away. Then disassemble from there. Does that sound right?
  5. F

    420W Trans Noise and Advice on Splitting

    I think that I'll build a frame to bolt to the two holes that are right at the rear of the engine block, there are two 3/4" threaded holes that I can use. That should keep the engine from flopping. Also, I would think that a throw out bearing noise would come from a lot further forward than...
  6. F

    420W Trans Noise and Advice on Splitting

    It's a straight steer.
  7. F

    420W Trans Noise and Advice on Splitting

    I've got the John Deere manual, that's good advice. I appreciate the help on this, but here's an extra twist. The trans had extensive work done on it in 2006. All the bearings on the output shaft were replaced and the cluster gear. So, I'd like to leave that alone if at all possible. What is...
  8. F

    420W Trans Noise and Advice on Splitting

    Thanks for the reply. I noticed that the manual said that I had to remove the differential, output shaft etc, but I had been told that the input shaft could be removed without doing all that. After looking at a picture in the manual, it doesn't look like there is room to move the input shaft...
  9. F

    420W Trans Noise and Advice on Splitting

    I'm working on my Dad's '57 420W with 5 speed, and two stage clutch. I can hear a growling bearing in all gears and at a stop when the clutch is engaged, and it goes quiet when the clutch is pushed down/disengaged. I'm thinking input shaft bearing(s)? Does that sound right to everyone? I know...
  10. F

    420 Steering Problem

    It's not the pins. It's the connector from the steering shaft coming from the steering wheel and the connection to the worm on the outside of the gear box.
  11. F

    420 Steering Problem

    '57 420W- has a lot of slack or slop in the steering. The biggest culprit at this point is the connection between the steering shaft and the worm gear. The steering shaft moves nearly a quarter turn before the worm starts to move. I see on eBay that there is a weld on end to fix this, but I'm...
  12. F

    Model B Connecting Rods

    I have a set of the late model B and model 50 connecting rods that take the bearing inserts instead of being babbit style bearings. Just wondering if they would fit the crankshaft of a 49 Model B? It looks like the crankshaft didn't change, so I'm thinking they should work?
  13. F

    What is this piece? 57 420W

    Well, I'll probably sell it then. There's no sense in keeping it when there may be someone out there who could put it to good use. If anyone needs it or knows someone who does, it's for sale.
  14. F

    What is this piece? 57 420W

    Is there any reason I should keep them on the tractor? I'll never run a cultivator with it, so are there any other advantages to having the brackets on the tractor?
  15. F

    What is this piece? 57 420W

    What is the purpose of the curved bracket that runs from the front of the engine back to the bell housing? Is it specific to certain models? Is it for a specific implement? Why do so many 420's lack this piece?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top