Recent content by Frank L

  1. C

    responsible

    All this talk about labour got me thinkin(not a good idea) Do you people think that a child coming from a larger family grows up faster and is more responsable at a younger age than from small families? It seems to me that when there are more children close together that the older ones have...
  2. F

    Fordson F Gas Tank- Leaks Loose Baffle

    Your thoughts about Epoxy/Devcon sound good. The major leaks are around where the interior tank fitting (1 1/4" Hex) protrudes thru (1/8") the bottom wall of the large tank. There are multiple holes in an area about 2" in dia. There is a lot of soft solder on the hex fitting. I've been filing it...
  3. F

    Fordson F Gas Tank- Leaks Loose Baffle

    Mike, I have been thinking about cutting the end out and doing what you suggested. My concern is that the ends appear to be crimped into the end of the tank which appears to be rolled over the lip of the end piece, then soft soldered. When I cut out the front end, I'm thinking I should be about...
  4. F

    Fordson F Gas Tank- Leaks Loose Baffle

    I have been working on my Model F for 4 years now and got it running last fall. My last big project is to repair the gas tank and I would appreciate any suggestions you may have. The tank has imprinted on both ends--FORDSON--Made by--Ford Motor Company--Detroit, Mich., U.S.A. It has a small...
  5. A

    Road Trlp!

    Hay needs cut, got wheat ground to plow, could cultivate beans, so I guess I will jump on the bike and do a little road trip! I have not lost my mind but I am getting close to it! We have another rain coming tonight, have all this work to do and its staying too wet. Hope this looks better to me...
  6. A

    Tractor Square Dance. Pretty good.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WxyzS0vCME&feature=related
  7. C

    630 CASE

    I need a front pto shaft for a 630 case standard.This tractor is non-case-o-matic shift. Standard clutch w/triple range drive. I believe a 500b /600b with standard clutch use this same shaft. Can anyone ,please, help me locate this part? THANKS
  8. F

    Fordson 1927? Starting w/ Flat belt

    I am about to try to start the rebuilt engine, but not able to turn over the crank very well due to friction of pistons/rings and compression. Friend gave me an old flat woven belt to use with neighbors JD 50. The belt is pretty dry and I think some "belt dressing" would help to limber it up and...
  9. F

    Fordson F (1927?)

    MaineFordson, Thanks for the imput. I believe that there is no impulse coupler on my mag. The couplings are all adjustable, manually-during set-up, which I have done, but thereis no feature that I can see like an "impulse coupler". I have just been given a digital camera and am learning how to...
  10. F

    Fordson F (1927?)

    HWess, The FM mag is driven by a heilical gear off the end of the cam shaft, which is connected to the shaft of the mag thru two couplings that can be adjusted for the proper timing. There is no separate distributer that I can see. FL
  11. F

    Fordson F (1927?)

    IN the process of rebuiding the engine, I am about to mount the "after market" magneto to the engine and do not see any way to "advance or retard" the spark. The mag is a Fairbanks Morse model FM 04A4 which is mounted across the front of the engine on a alum. casting. The mag is mounted rigid to...
  12. F

    Fordson F(1927?)

    Maine Fordson, Thanks for the info. I have filled the crankcase w/ 5w30 ( had it on hand) and will probably put some in the rearend to at least start the engine.Wil then look for the 600w that you mentioned. I have left the worm gear out of the rearend until I can get the engine running, so that...
  13. F

    Fordson F(1927?)

    I just had the block rebuilt, boring, valve seats, valves & guides and installed bronze half bearings in the block. How important is it to get special motor oil for the engine and also the transmission/differential ? Is this something that will give me grief on a short term basis ie.( parades...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top