Recent content by frankinri

  1. F

    Safely remove hydraulic parts

    Thank you all for your feedback, this is why I come here first. Now I know what the caps and plugs are called so I can get the correct ones. Also most of the process. When I cycle the valves with the machine off they will only move down. If I try to move them up they will not because the machine...
  2. F

    Safely remove hydraulic parts

    Wondering what it the best way to make sure it is safe to remove a hydraulic line. Is it always under pressure? I have some fittings and hoses I would like to repair and I have never removed one. The machine is a 1972 ford 4500 backhoe. Also wondering how to limit the amount of fluid lost during...
  3. F

    Ford 4500 overflowing hydrolic fluid with filter

    I would add an inch to this if your dipstick does not have the cylinder at the top.
  4. F

    Ford 4500 overflowing hydrolic fluid with filter

    I would guess overall length is about 6 inches but I can get you the measurements tomorrow.
  5. F

    Glow plug install

    Thank you Im going to check there
  6. F

    Glow plug install

    Thank you. I dont see that plug any ideas.
  7. F

    Glow plug install

    Looks like the ignition has a pin for this (pin 3) but how will I know when its ready? Is there some type of a light I can install? I have the YT instrument cluster installed.
  8. F

    Glow plug install

    Thanks a bunch guys you are the best. Not sure what you mean by heat position. Also are you sure the all have a plug on the intake manifold?
  9. F

    Glow plug install

    Diesel
  10. F

    Glow plug install

    This is a ford 4500
  11. F

    Glow plug install

    The other day I had to start the tractor with either because it was cold out. On the can it says not to use it on an engine with glow plugs. I would like to setup the tractor so it is easy to start even when its cold. I ordered a manifold glow plug from yesterdays tractor. I have never installed...
  12. F

    Ford 4500 cab / heat / ac

    The more I think about the cost and install process the more I am thinking of building. Anyone build a cab? Wondering if you used glass or plexi? Also what type of mounding did you use to hold it in place? Anyone make one with windows that open?
  13. F

    Ford 4500 cab / heat / ac

    I hear you all about upgrading but I really like the tractor I have. What about building my own cab?
  14. F

    Ford 4500 cab / heat / ac

    Thanks guys. Know any online resources for finding parts in salvage yards?
  15. F

    Ford 4500 cab / heat / ac

    Did they offer a cab that had heat and ac for the 1972 ford 4500?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top