Recent content by GC Mayes

  1. G

    1955 CA completed (Thanks for all the help)

    thanks for all the advice.... Serial Number List for Allis Chalmers: Model CA
  2. G

    Decals for CA

    Ok I'm getting very close to completing my CA. Does anyone have a good place to look at decal placement on the tractor. the AC and CA are not a problem but I have 6 others decals that I not sure where they go.
  3. G

    hand cranking a CA

    putting the tractor in 2nd gear and having someone pull the tractor and releasing the clutch is always a good and safe option to start it.
  4. G

    Testing the generator

    guys my CA is running great. The AMP meter stays dead center on Zero. Any good way to check Generator output to see if it is working correctly or if the AMP meter maybe bad? thanks in advance George
  5. G

    Painting with rust pits

    I'm working on painting the fenders on my 55 CA and after sandblasting I have deep pits from the removed rust. Primer is not enough to fill in. Any suggestion beyond a lot of coats and a lot of sanding?
  6. G

    Rear tire size

    my 1955 CA has 10x24 rear tires. do I replace with 9.5x24 or 11.2x24 pro and com? also I have one bad tire and one in great shape. guest I will be buying 2 new tire? suggestions?
  7. G

    Silver Paint for Rims

    can anyone suggest silver paint? should I use of common hardware store spray can? or is there some better paint I should spray on with my paint gun? Rims are sand blasted and in great shape.
  8. G

    brake return spring for CA

    anyone have a good place to buy a set of brake return spring for a 1955 CA? thanks
  9. G

    AC Oil Filter Assy

    AC Guys, I have a 1955 CA I'm restoring. I have removed the 25 year old oil filter. Can someone tell me if the post in the center of the filter assy is hollow? does oil flow into the filter via this center post? My post looks to be solid except for the very top where I see holes in the side of...
  10. G

    Neg Ground or Pos Ground?

    I have a 1955 AC "CA" with 6 volt battery system. I do not have the tractor manual. Is this model wired for Neg Ground or Pos Ground?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top