Silver Paint for Rims

GC Mayes

New User
can anyone suggest silver paint? should I use of common hardware store spray can? or is there some better paint I should spray on with my paint gun? Rims are sand blasted and in great shape.
 
I use regular hardware paint on my rims for my B. The only problem I had was I didn't clean the lube the tire place used to mount the tires off right away. It at through the paint and I had to touch it up afterwords. I think I used rustoleum.
 
GC,
I used a paint from Rust-Oleum (hammered silver) paint # 7213 for the rims on my CA. I purchased it at Home Depot. Looks really good. Remember, the original rims were galvanized and this looks as close as you can get unless you could get them galvanized at a shop in your area.

George R.
 
i second the "hammered" rustoleum finish. I bought a quart can and i prefer to brush it on. Its not smooth like aluminum palint, it looks a little more like the galvanized units.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top