Recent content by geneIA

  1. G

    871 Proofmeter Repair - Looking for advice

    I have the old proofmeter off my 960. the needle spins wildly. If you need one for parts I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping. Send me your email address. Gene
  2. G

    800 tractor clutch part

    try wengers its where i got my clutch http://www.external_link/parts/Farm-Tractor-Parts/Ford/900/900/Clutch/5-Speed-with-double-clutch/PRESSURE-PLATE-ASSEMBLY/01-F4702DS.htm
  3. G

    hydro pressure on 1850

    my 1850 olivers put out about 2000#
  4. G

    8n on speed channel TV

    I watched "two guys garage" today they featured a 8n. They converted to 12v alt, electronic ignition, new lights , gauges and tires. You should try to catch it.
  5. G

    Gonna Start Baling with an IH No. 46

    I had a 46 baler years ago. It always missed more bales than it tied. I had several IH mechanics work on it, never helped much. My advice is to scrap it and get a NH or JD baler, they both have the same knoters and they work soooo much better than IH 46.
  6. G

    select-o-matic

    T handle on dash says PTO on it. pull it out to engage
  7. G

    select-o-matic

    T handle on dash says PTO on it. pull it out to engage
  8. G

    Interesting SOS info

    I remember reading on this board that ford was going to drop the 5 speed but since the SOS had so many problems, they kept making it. Maybe thats why its not mentioned in the early manuals
  9. G

    Ford 900 Cornpicker

    I used a cornpicker just like that on my 960 in 1970 when i started farming. Picker was POS. I barely was able to pick 20 acres because it broke constantly. I gave up when a major bearing went out So I hired neighbor to finish the other 200 acres with his IH 560 with mounted picker. He picked...
  10. G

    821 Hydraulic pump won't prime

    did you loosen the bleeder plug on the pump?
  11. G

    Cub Cadet mower won't cut in reverse.

    On my FILs new cub cadet you have to turn the ignition switch and push a button on the dash to disengage the reverse shutoff.
  12. G

    Cultivators for an H

    I have a 461 cult that i used on my M. I even have all the mounting brackets. In SE Iowa
  13. G

    OT Headlights on Intrepid

    My 91 caravan had headlights so bad it was hard to see at night. We live out in the boonies where dodging deer is a daily accurence. I went to ebay and ordered a set of HID conversion kits for about $80.00. I installed them in about 15 minutes and I cant believe how bright my lights are now. You...
  14. G

    901 Oil Pressure guage

    I too bought a oil pressure gauge from this site.I didnt realize I had to remove the hyd pump on my 960 to get to block fitting. I went to ace hardware and bought a compression fitting to adapt old line to new smaller line. I just cut old line where i could get to it easy and attached...
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top