Recent content by GregoryU

  1. G

    What just happened?!?!

    I'll have to check and see if they're the same mag. I put my inline tester between the plug/wire. Just did a quick cleaning of the points, rotor parts, then only took time to check with the inline again. Next time I go out I'll make some new plug wires to eliminate the wires first. Then start on...
  2. G

    What just happened?!?!

    I've been checking some things on the AR. I took the valve cover off...valves are free. Replaced the sparkplugs. Same thing, won't hardly start, when it does, still backfires and runs rough. Checked the spark with my inline tester. Light spark on the right hand side. No spark on left. Cleaned...
  3. G

    What just happened?!?!

    Thanks for the replies! Nope, didn't wash it. Didn't get that far. Tomorrow I'll check the plugs and take off the valve cover and check the valves to see if they're free. Really blew me away...it's run perfectly the 3 months I've owned it. Was looking forward to finally showing it and my 49 at...
  4. G

    What just happened?!?!

    I bought a 1950 AR a while back. Ran great. NO problems other than the clutch slipping. I replaced the clutch discs last week and drove it a couple times to get it set. Drove it out of the shed Saturday...ran it back in at the end of the day. Ran perfectly. Old timey show coming up this weekend...
  5. G

    Tried plowing yesterday...wow, it's been a while, LOL!

    The orchard model usually had individual turning brakes and you could order them on the regular AR, but they normally had the service brake.
  6. G

    Tried plowing yesterday...wow, it's been a while, LOL!

    I've got 2 AR's...an unstyled '49, and a styled '50. I've picked up a JD 4D(?) on steel and a restored 44 on rubber. Had to make one new lever and repair the other one on the 4. Got it back together yesterday and just couldn't help myself...had to try it out. Problem is, here in Central Ne...
  7. G

    Styled AR powr-trol pump?

    I recently got a '50 styled AR. Just got the Operators manual for it. It states that to operate the powr-trol pump, that you engage the lever while turning the engine over with the starter. So, basically if you want the pump running, you have to engage it before you start the tractor?? Can't...
  8. G

    Brakes on '50 AR?

    Thanks Ron. Are these a spring loaded band, something like the service brake on the '49? You can't hardly touch them without them locking up the wheels! I don't know if they're adjusted too tight or if it's just from lack of use.
  9. G

    Brakes on '50 AR?

    I know, what I'm looking for is what I should start looking at to help free up the brakes on the 50. As I stated, I haven't received my books yet and I'd like to start somewhere. I rebuilt the service brake on the '49 but that's a bit different than the brakes on the '50.
  10. G

    Brakes on '50 AR?

    Just picked up a 1950 AR to go with my '49. Where the '49 only has the one brake, the '50 has wheel brakes. Both will immediately lock up the rear wheel(s) and the left one sticks in place and has to be pulled back up. I've got an owners manual coming and looking at parts manuals to get so I can...
  11. G

    Ferguson TO-30 Belt pulley adaptor?

    It was good to find out about the 2 sizes of PTO's. I measured my PTO shaft Fri. and found out it was 1 3/8". Messaged the guy and his adapter was 1 1 1/8"! Claimed he didn't know there was a difference...but I see he hasn't added that bit of information to the ad either. It would be nice for a...
  12. G

    Ferguson TO-30 Belt pulley adaptor?

    A local ad lists a belt pulley adapter for a Ferguson TO-30 for sale. Seller said he thought it would fit a TO-20 also. Didn't know anything about it so I started looking for information. Everything I've seen so far only references a "pulley adapter for a TO-20". Nothing about a 30. These WILL...
  13. G

    JD plow? Size?

  14. G

    JD plow? Size?

    So, I think I may have figured out the picture thing! As you can see, I ended up with the #44 that I was looking at on an auction. Altho this one did cost me a bit more than the #4! LOL
  15. G

    JD plow? Size?

    Yeah, like I really need 1 plow let alone two! Unfortunately I have farmground (rented out) and there's farmground all around me but there's no small plots around to play in. Oops, I mean plow in! But, I've also got a '49 B, so really, 2 tractors...2 plows, right!?
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top