Recent content by Hive23

  1. Hive23

    Thinking about building a truck from basically scratch

    Affirmative. My justification for the diesel (especially the older iterations) is that they are rather tolerant of fuel quality. I strongly considered an old school deuce and a half based solely on the notion that they will basically run on anything oil adjacent. As fate would have it the truck...
  2. Hive23

    Thinking about building a truck from basically scratch

    My honest opinion. This is an amazing project and can't wait to see what you put together. Have you considered an old 12 valve Cummins for engine. Mechanically K I S S and built like a tank (so long as you keep up with oil changes). I have even considered and still considering a 12 valve vs...
  3. Hive23

    Deucius Sestertius Maximus

    Meet Deucius Sestertius Maximus. Deucius is my first major restoration project and I am looking for any advice the group can provide. It is without engine, trans and rear are not OEM. The thought are to source and install a Detroit 4-71, manual trans, and possible leave the current rear diff. I...
  4. Hive23

    1010 RUS Dual Hydraulic system - single lever 3pt "HELP"

    My book says the same thing. My thoughts are, because the splined cap is what pins the shaft, the cap can be rotated until the shaft is in the Neutral or Lower position or clocked identical as the right side valve when the right side valve is in the lowest or neutral position. The logic is that...
  5. Hive23

    1010 RUS Dual Hydraulic system - single lever 3pt "HELP"

    This is the manual I have. I can't find what the "fixed" position is or how to clock it
  6. Hive23

    1010 RUS Dual Hydraulic system - single lever 3pt "HELP"

    Yes. I separated the 3 sections (rockshaft housing, cylinder block, levers and linkage section) to access and remove the cylinders and cylinder heads to replace the leather and rubber seals on the cylinders and cylinder heads. Your diagram is perfect. Part 39 is the likely culprit. The shaft for...
  7. Hive23

    1010 RUS Dual Hydraulic system - single lever 3pt "HELP"

    Hello all, I have a '63 1010 RUS and recently replaced the seals/rings in the 3pt hydraulics. If I would have knew before hand that it would be this much of a chore I would have dealt with the bouncing lift arms. With that said, I got back together and fired it up to "test" and the arms shot up...
  8. Hive23

    1010 fender Information request

    Are you referring to fender extensions as in the concept used for the orchard trim models that had the wrap around fenders. As for spacer blocks, I would assume that a piece of 2" X ?? square or rectangular tubing with the ?? dimensions representing the height differential needed for clearance...
  9. Hive23

    1010 fender Information request

    I have the Jensales service manual, which I was led to understand was a duplicate of the OEM service manual or something very similar. Oddly enough the best pictures I have found so far are similar model/trim tractors for sale on Ebay.
  10. Hive23

    1010 fender Information request

    Jim you are right, I knew there was a letter "A" in the prefix somewhere and might have overlooked some parts in the past because of an extra A or the lack thereof. I went back to JD's parts page and they have both listed, just not available. The JD fenders and ASAP fender look identical and...
  11. Hive23

    1010 fender Information request

    I forgot to answer the question about what JD parts had listed. These are the ones listed on the website and from what I see the part has an "am" prefix meaning they are aftermarket but I'm sure they are close but I also know the OEM fenders had some bead rolled "flair".
  12. Hive23

    1010 fender Information request

    The fenders that I have look like these aftermarket 2010 fenders that have been "modified" by a mud dobber with a tombstone welder. There are bent like a crushed beer can and about to break off of their own mounts (which are also homemade with scrape iron). I don't fault the guy for doing what...
  13. Hive23

    1010 fender Information request

    I am looking for other 1010 owners that could help me with pics and / or dimensions for the OEM fenders. I would like to try and fabricate a set using automotive body panel shaping forming techniques as a practice and skill building for other projects. I have also noticed that there may have...
  14. Hive23

    1010 oil from head gasket"

    From the look of the last reply the pics rotated 90 degrees even though the thumbs in my pics are correct. Anyway, I know they are not great pics but these were taken a couple days after it had been cleaned and ran for a couple hours. It's not a "bad" leak and old tractors will always have a...
  15. Hive23

    1010 oil from head gasket"

Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top