Recent content by hueyrescue

  1. H

    240 Util engine - starts strong, runs well then dies

    The problem re-emerged after ferrying the tractor to a field (30 min). The engine began surging for about 4 min and then quit when I pulled off the road. I checked the spark and it was orange and thin. I think I"ll start by changing the coil out and go from there. Thanks!
  2. H

    240 Util engine - starts strong, runs well then dies

    Thanks everyone. So far I have been unable to duplicate. Perhaps the problem was operator error. If it comes back, I"ll diagnose based on the input you"ve given.
  3. H

    240 Util engine - starts strong, runs well then dies

    My 240 Util starts and runs strong for the first few minutes. Then it starts to sputter and dies. If it sits for a few minutes it will start back up again. Gas is clean, oil just changed, water pump seems to be working. Seems to be related to the engine temp. Resistance building in the coil...
  4. H

    Adding remotes to a Ford 8000

    I have a Ford 8000 with one set of remotes. I'd like to add a second set. I know that this was a factory option so I am thinking it should be straight forward. Do I need another valve or can the existing valve handle two sets? Thanks for your help!
  5. H

    fast hitch vs three point

    This is an old thread but I noticed your post about the one-piece-arch-style IH 3pt conversion. I have one on my 240 and I am trying to learn more about it. Do you have any more data such as a part number? Thanks!
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top